The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mr. Regal's Sudden Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vwc06
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of vwc06
Hi all,

Is the deck that is produced at conclusion of the Sudden Deck illusion a regular pack of 52 cards? If so, wouldn't this be a novel way to start off a series of card tricks?

Regards,
Vincent
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
I think its a great way, in fact I start all of my performances using it, since i got it.
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Like marko said, yes and yes. Sudden Deck is one of the best openers for cards I've ever seen.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
jeffb
View Profile
New user
Fredericton NB, Canada
13 Posts

Profile of jeffb
Here’s an idea I’ve been mulling over for the Sudden Deck. I haven’t done this (yet) but it looks good on paper.

Load the Sudden Deck with a Mental Photography deck. Introduce the Sudden Deck and display it using the alternate handling posted on David Regal’s site that avoids the “discrepancy”, saying:

As a card magician, I can get a good deal on playing cards direct from the factory, but they come with some assembly required.

As you fold up the deck box, make some references to the kids’ toys, barbeque grill, or any other “some assembly required” items. Produce the MP deck and ditch the SD gimmick in your left jacket pocket. Proceed with Bill Malone’s “Direct from the Factory” routine (On the Loose, Vol 3). To clean up, with the MP deck in your left hand go to your left jacket pocket and drop the MP deck and pull out a regular (?) double blank deck and an “exploded” regular card box. Fold the card box around the DB deck and place them on the table. Fully examinable (don’t offer, but I expect somebody will “take the bait”).

Waddya think?

Jeff
In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
It is clever, but just watch your angles with it. It is VERY anglely.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
I've never seen this done live. But from the video I saw, mechanically, it seems like a repackaged version of the old Pyramid of Plenty trick. If that's the case, BroDavid is definitely right about the angles.

Am I wrong?
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Quote:
On 2003-06-03 23:41, Wolfgang wrote:
I've never seen this done live. But from the video I saw, mechanically, it seems like a repackaged version of the old Pyramid of Plenty trick. If that's the case, BroDavid is definitely right about the angles.

Am I wrong?

Sorry to say, but you are wrong. Sudden Deck is very different from the Pyramid of Plenty trick.

Quote:
On 2003-06-03 12:57, BroDavid wrote:
It is clever, but just watch your angles with it. It is VERY anglely.

BroDavid

Angly, if people are looking over your shoulders.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Sudden Deck is much different from the Pyramid of Plenty. The optical deception is similar, but not enough to warrant Sudden Deck as a repackaged version.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Koji Takada
View Profile
Regular user
Tokyo, Japan
146 Posts

Profile of Koji Takada
My friend perform this trick with the invisible deck. Maybe next, with "Alone"

Koji
SimplyMagic
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of SimplyMagic
David Regal is one of the best minds in magic. Anything he creates is escellent!!!!
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
I just did this on television (local). Great response by those who saw it.
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
Quote:
On 2003-06-03 23:52, Andrew E. Miller wrote:
Sorry to say, but you are wrong. Sudden Deck is very different from the Pyramid of Plenty trick.

Don't be sorry. I'm glad to hear it's different.
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Now that some time has gone by, this question is for people who are using this on a regular basis?

How well is it holding up?
Because it is made from the same material as a card box right?
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mr. Regal's Sudden Deck (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL