The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vanishing Cane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shortelz
View Profile
Regular user
I am proud of my
132 Posts

Profile of Shortelz
Hey guys Do any of you store your vanishing cane inside out to make it "Vanish Faster"? Does this work? also do you just have it inside out and put the cap on and leave it like that when you don't use it? Smile Sorry if this sounds confusing

Edit: I am also thinking about getting the appearing cane. Is there any way you can do a sorta switch so at the beginning of the routine the cane appears at the end it vanishes
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
What do you mean by inside out?
Shortelz
View Profile
Regular user
I am proud of my
132 Posts

Profile of Shortelz
Like instead of putting it the way it's supposed to go for vanishing put it the other way Smile sorry bad choice of words
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22736 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Keep your metal vanishing cane tightened by turning the ferrule and put a tie around it and keep it tight. Then place in a plastic bag to keep from being exposed from the elements of weather.

If it is plastic same thing, this will keep the material in shape.

Messing with the make of the canes will break them. Just keep them clean. If metal a very very light coat of oil and some may use card fanning powder. Depends on you model. Plastic need to be keep clean by washing to clean off the dirt.

There are ways to do the Vanishing then Appearing and/or Appearing then Vanishing, but it must be worked out by you, because it all depends on your costume/clothing and props/tables/apparatus used in/during your act/show.

So no one can tell you how, because most people do not do the same tricks that you like to do.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
It is best to keep the cane collapsed and have it wound tight and secure it with a rubber band. This would help. If you are using a plastic cane, it is best to clean it first. Same with the metal cane. Using a paper strip around the tightly wound cane helps prevent the rubber band from making any unwanted marks on the cane.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1470 Posts

Profile of JNeal
If you are using a plastic (Fantasio ) cane you can indeed reverse open the cane. (so that the plastic ferrule tip is now on the 'inside' and store the can that way. It will have some impact on the speed.

Another thing you can do is to put the closed cane in near boiling water for a few minutes. Wrap it tight with a piece of string..after a few minutes in the water, put the cane in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator until it is fully cooled. That will also make the cane's 'memory' stronger and close faster.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Automobile wax is good for metal canes. It will make the operation faster and smoother, plus it will help to minimize scratching.

I store my vanishing canes in the closed position and my appearing canes in the open position.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Shortelz
View Profile
Regular user
I am proud of my
132 Posts

Profile of Shortelz
Yeah I have the Fantasio one. Thanks for all the help. Also, I just went out and bought the appearing cane Smile Im glad I did. are there any techniques for that to make and go faster and what are your guys' preference for using it like with silk, without, that stuff
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Should you also keep the vanishing candle wound tight with a rubber band? Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vanishing Cane (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL