The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Little Man by Paul Harris » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Kakuna
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Kakuna
Usually Paul Harris stuff has a demo. What's happening with these ones?
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2953 Posts

Profile of niva
It's still 90 days away mate that's why...
Yours,

Ivan
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1298 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
@ Zacharias. I can't answer your questions as I don't know. Best ask the suppliers of the props.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Magic SMS 2: http://apple.co/2nuxewr
Notion of Motion: http://www.risingcard.co.uk
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
Patrick:::
Its all in fun. Nothing serious.

Everybody else:::
As we all wait...read any good books?

Hahaha
-Jacob
I've been training these cards since they were small.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6173 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
John, I absolutely agree. As funny as I think it is, I still feel sad for them. They don't realize they are hurting themselves and actually limiting their future careers in this field. If they took the time to read all their books they already have or perfect the effects they already own, they wouldn't need to buy anything else.

I know many that buy every book and DVD that comes out, but then those items just sit there until the next new thing comes out. They seem to be waiting for that ONE magical item that gives them a TV show. It's like they believe that one day someone will actually come out with an effect that really works with magic.... and, of course, it must be sold cheaply and not in limited quantities.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Lab tests 90-99 used live grasshoppers wrapped in play-doh and were all failures, unless you think having a grasshopper rip out of a play-doh leg is success. All preliminary attempts to train the grasshoppers to cooperate have proved futile and I am abandoning the grasshopper powered Little MAN theory and moving on. Have decided to try using smarter insects. Will report back on how my bee tests go.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 10:36, Greg Arce wrote:
John, I absolutely agree. As funny as I think it is, I still feel sad for them. They don't realize they are hurting themselves and actually limiting their future careers in this field. If they took the time to read all their books they already have or perfect the effects they already own, they wouldn't need to buy anything else.

I know many that buy every book and DVD that comes out, but then those items just sit there until the next new thing comes out. They seem to be waiting for that ONE magical item that gives them a TV show. It's like they believe that one day someone will actually come out with an effect that really works with magic.... and, of course, it must be sold cheaply and not in limited quantities.

Greg

"Too often, however, this desire for something new is merely a rationalization to explain a pell-mell desire to do tricks, tricks, and more tricks, not for the entertainment of spectators , but for the entertainment of the conjurer himself."

Expert Card Technique - first published 1944
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
I am abandoning all bee tests. Although the bees, when wrapped in the Play-doh, do produce a cool pulsing effect it is impossible to hide the buzzing noise and all methods of palming them have proven ineffective and painful. I am convinced that Paul Harris is not using bees or any other insect to power his Little Man even though he was involved with that Ladybug thing.

Will have to do some more research but I am now thinking that the heart is the key to the method. Maybe it contains a catalyst that starts a simple chemical reaction that drives a mini hydraulics system (e.g. baking soda and vinegar).
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
Thales,

Have you considered Bleach and Amonia?

hehe

-Jacob
I've been training these cards since they were small.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2953 Posts

Profile of niva
Greg perhaps you are being a bit over drammatic Smile

With that line of thinking why would you come here on the Magic Café and look at such a thread... Smile

We are always looking for others things to incorporate in our repertoire otherwise rust. I for one don't like to do the same things over and over and over and... again.

You have to admit that this one is a fresh and different thing.
Yours,

Ivan
johndraws
View Profile
Loyal user
Danville, Illinois
202 Posts

Profile of johndraws
I made a duplicate post about little man, sorry...I did not know this one existed. I am very excited about this as well. I am all about animation because I am an artist and a sculptor and this is another effect that can mix both worlds and the patter is something that can be changed to fit several moods...and if this is as smooth as it sounds I have no problem paying $300 for it. I anticipate allot of milage out of this for what I will use it for. I am already thinking of how it is done and how I can tear it apart and create other things using similar workings. However since I do NOT know how PH's version works I need to calm down a bit. I cannot wait to see the demo.
johndraws
View Profile
Loyal user
Danville, Illinois
202 Posts

Profile of johndraws
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 10:26, John Carey wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-19 23:57, Greg Arce wrote:
My prediction is that when this finally comes out a lot of people will get it, but then something else will be marketed that makes the same people go, "Wow. I need that!!! That's what I've been waiting for all my life!!" then right after that a book will be talked about and the new thread will begin and people will say, "When can I get the book? I can't wait!!! This will send me over the top!!! Please print it already!!!"

Then.. ad infinitum... ad nauseam... times infinity.Magical consumerism Greg.The sad thing is that many people never make any progress with their magic because they are always thinking about the next new so called miracle being touted on the net.

John

Greg

Sure...and nothing has changed. For decades people both young and old fell in love with magic and more people dabbled in it than became "professional". Did the person who loved magic in 1960 feel any different than the person who loves it now? Did they not get excited about the "new" things back then??? I have seen many of the "old timer" magician get into blows with the young ones on message boards. Whether it was about books... Was the person in 1960 more deserving because it came in book form back then? Or was it about material...be it old school or right now many things have changed and many things stayed the same. There is a market for the at home magician...and those people have to buy the secret no matter how it is packaged. They buy and learn and in the process of "putting it on the shelf" they aquire a knowledge of what works, how advertisers are not always "truthtellers"...remember those amazing adds in the back of comic books..?? LOL. Please there was truth stretching and dreams of being amazing back then. Bottom line then or now you have to experiment until you find things that are YOU. Experience is the best teacher. If you can market an item and in the process get people to entertain with it..and help people find what they might be looking for. Great. Then or now....people bought magic lessons, directions, books or whatever format...because they wanted to impress, they wanted to be a great magician. Even back then...there were many people who felt the trick alone is what would make them known. SO yes, your predicition is correct. However there is actually validity in buying "new" and "bigger" tricks. You grow and learn what works. No different now than in the past.

Anyway....little man looks awesome! Can't wait for the demo.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Is there a demo video for Little Man out yet? This sounds too good to be true.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
The squeaky wheel gets the oil.... When's the demo coming?????????????
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2650 Posts

Profile of Tom G
As posted previously, it's going to be a few weeks out and it's going to be done correctly, with the right people. The effect won't be out for a couple of months,
so there's no real advantage to rushing a demo out.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 14:53, Tom G wrote:
As posted previously, it's going to be a few weeks out and it's going to be done correctly, with the right people. The effect won't be out for a couple of months,

Then why even start this thread? Is it to get people to start saving money? Is this the marketing plan of advertising something that isn't ready yet?

I am just thinking out loud, and like to know because I have seen this done over and over again here at the Café. I always felt that a marketing campaign is done once the product had been finished and tested. Has this little man been tested and put through the paces of the real world, or are we just getting dreams here and that you HOPE that it will be ready in a few weeks?

Just my 2 cents.
Ray
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27034 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Nobody gonna ask if it can be done as a clown golem where you bring it to life by sticking on a red blob of clay as a nose?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1145 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 16:02, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Quote:

Then why even start this thread? Is it to get people to start saving money? Is this the marketing plan of advertising something that isn't ready yet?

I am just thinking out loud, and like to know because I have seen this done over and over again here at the Café. I always felt that a marketing campaign is done once the product had been finished and tested. Has this little man been tested and put through the paces of the real world, or are we just getting dreams here and that you HOPE that it will be ready in a few weeks?

Just my 2 cents.
Ray

In all fairness to Tom, it doesn't appear that he or anyone associated with Paul Harris Presents started this thread. It was started by somebody who was overezoulsy excited about an ad on their site.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 18:01, Michael Dustman wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-08-24 16:02, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Quote:

Just my 2 cents.
Ray

In all fairness to Tom, it doesn't appear that he or anyone associated with Paul Harris Presents started this thread. It was started by somebody who was overezoulsy excited about an ad on their site.

Who started the AD on their site? See it is all about marketing. If it isn't ready, then why was the AD on a site? The Ad has done what it was supposed to, because we are talking about it. Someone on the board released the AD, it may as well have been Tom.

So it appears that he or someone associated with Paul Harris placed the AD on another site in hopes of starting talk about it. So directly or in-directly Tom may have started this thread. WOW, funny how things work out if you just look at the facts.

I hope that this thing works because as ALWAYS I see the cart placed in fornt of the horse once again.

Ray
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Lab tests 100 to 124 have been very exciting although not very productive as far as understanding the method behind LittleMan. Did manage to blow up an number of Play-Duh men though. In 3 cases the little guy's chest actually erupted sending pieces of Play-Duh and foaming chemicals all over the kitchen. None of them took any steps but to be fair my wife came in during the last test and forced me to hastily abort that test early.

I am starting to think the Play-Duh man is too heavy and so I have ordered a tank of helium for my next set of experiments.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Little Man by Paul Harris » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL