We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Little Man by Paul Harris » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Wow, I'm surprised this finally came to fruition. I thought they might have given up on it.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
That's my kinda thing.A video will be great!
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
I have a feeling the effect will be on PaulHarrisPresent.com

Once I see a video and hear some good reviews...its mine. No questions.


Mine...no one can have it...all mine...
Look away.
Haha
I've been training these cards since they were small.
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
266 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
I found the demo of "Little Man." It looks awesome, I hope the trick looks like this in person.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccs6heFwslE

Jeremy
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Quote:
On 2009-08-13 10:30, Krazyjay wrote:
I found the demo of "Little Man." It looks awesome, I hope the trick looks like this in person.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccs6heFwslE

Jeremy


;) but COOL!!!!!!!!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Quote:
On 2009-08-13 10:30, Krazyjay wrote:
I found the demo of "Little Man." It looks awesome, I hope the trick looks like this in person.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccs6heFwslE

Jeremy


I don't like you.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Zachary
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of Zachary
Oh how predictable and gullible we magicians can be at times. At least it wasn't bad haircuts, shades with an abomination of music in the background
Twitter:@Zachary_Heath
Instagram: @zachheathmagic
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Does it have to be a little guy? For instance could you make just a ball of stuff & have it start to roll slowly across the table...maybe more of a PK angle?

Nathan
...
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Quote:
On 2009-08-13 10:30, Krazyjay wrote:
I found the demo of "Little Man." It looks awesome, I hope the trick looks like this in person.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccs6heFwslE

Jeremy


Much better than I thought! Where do I sign up??? Smile
WayneL
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of WayneL
Is the effect that clean? It sounds like a pipe dream.
Zachary
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of Zachary
My uninformed assumption is that the bag is where the dirty workings are if only for a moment. Of course this is absolute speculation. But the beauty of it is the fact that the audience will fully suspect the little man and nothing else. I imagine the gift bag will be a prop that will need some minor justification, but will take little heat. I was hoping the bag we be as unassuming as a paper bag, but it says 'gift bag'. The presentation practically writes itself on this one. Sans review, I stand poised to be the first to order this. A full review will follow. But I will say this... This will be a beautiful effect, I fully trust paul and angelo.
Twitter:@Zachary_Heath
Instagram: @zachheathmagic
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2690 Posts

Profile of Tom G
The gift bag will be a plain black bag.
Zachary
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of Zachary
Really, then by description alone, method is lost on me. Further adding to the thrill factor of being the first to place an order. Has anyone seen the effect performed?
Twitter:@Zachary_Heath
Instagram: @zachheathmagic
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
NFW!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
886 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Heres an interesting tidbit. I was going thru some of my dust collectors and found some of my old booklets by Tony 'Doc' Shiels and Charles W. Cameron. Those of you who know the names know the type of magic. (Macabre and Bizarre and Weird) I was flipping thru the pages of Handbook Of Horror by Mr. Cameron and I came across something that caught my attention. It was an effect called Manikin Macabre. In it a small box with a lump of modeling clay is shown, then the clay is formed into a rough human figure. A Few incantations later (along with a few sleights) the magi stands well away from the clay and...... it takes a step! Then a few more steps and stops. The magi incants some more and then tears the figure apart and rolls it back into a ball of clay. This was printed in the late 1960's.

This does not SEEM as clean as Little Man, But it sounds similiar. I hope that little man uses a different type of gimmick and I hope it is as clean as it says. If so I will buy it. I might buy it anyway as it sounds like a nice effect. HOWEVER.... I have a thought of caution in my own mind.

Just my 2 and a half cents.

Let the flaming begin!!!!! (lol!!)

Poof!

-J-
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Like they say, there's nothing new under the sun. Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
778 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Quote:
On 2009-08-13 22:15, Judah Vee wrote:
Heres an interesting tidbit. I was going thru some of my dust collectors and found some of my old booklets by Tony 'Doc' Shiels and Charles W. Cameron. Those of you who know the names know the type of magic. (Macabre and Bizarre and Weird) I was flipping thru the pages of Handbook Of Horror by Mr. Cameron and I came across something that caught my attention. It was an effect called Manikin Macabre. In it a small box with a lump of modeling clay is shown, then the clay is formed into a rough human figure. A Few incantations later (along with a few sleights) the magi stands well away from the clay and...... it takes a step! Then a few more steps and stops. The magi incants some more and then tears the figure apart and rolls it back into a ball of clay. This was printed in the late 1960's.

This does not SEEM as clean as Little Man, But it sounds similiar. I hope that little man uses a different type of gimmick and I hope it is as clean as it says. If so I will buy it. I might buy it anyway as it sounds like a nice effect. HOWEVER.... I have a thought of caution in my own mind.

Just my 2 and a half cents.

Let the flaming begin!!!!! (lol!!)

Poof!

-J-


Interesting, Judah.
I love magic history and what others did to contribute.
Thanks for the info.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Hey Judah,
Yes, but as you know, since you are privy to the method, it is basically unworkable. A lot of the bizarre magic you read in Invocation are pipedreams.

I would dare say that that version has never been performed.
James
ps
As far as Doug mentioning there is nothing new under the sun, this whole idea of animating a lump of clay goes way back to the bible.

Here is a link if anyone is interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem


Quote:
On 2009-08-13 22:15, Judah Vee wrote:
Heres an interesting tidbit. I was going thru some of my dust collectors and found some of my old booklets by Tony 'Doc' Shiels and Charles W. Cameron. Those of you who know the names know the type of magic. (Macabre and Bizarre and Weird) I was flipping thru the pages of Handbook Of Horror by Mr. Cameron and I came across something that caught my attention. It was an effect called Manikin Macabre. In it a small box with a lump of modeling clay is shown, then the clay is formed into a rough human figure. A Few incantations later (along with a few sleights) the magi stands well away from the clay and...... it takes a step! Then a few more steps and stops. The magi incants some more and then tears the figure apart and rolls it back into a ball of clay. This was printed in the late 1960's.

This does not SEEM as clean as Little Man, But it sounds similiar. I hope that little man uses a different type of gimmick and I hope it is as clean as it says. If so I will buy it. I might buy it anyway as it sounds like a nice effect. HOWEVER.... I have a thought of caution in my own mind.

Just my 2 and a half cents.

Let the flaming begin!!!!! (lol!!)

Poof!

-J-
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
886 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
I would be hard pressed to disagree with you James. Which is why I HOPE the methods are WAAAAYYYYY different. But Camerons method could be used in a dark, candle lit, chanting in the background, enviroment. As I think it was meant to be used. But you are also correct in that a lot of Camerons, Shiels, Hilfords, Etc effects can be hard to pull off.

Poof!

-J-
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Crap, this sounds cool!





Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Little Man by Paul Harris » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL