The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Templar Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Received my Templar yesterday and it is a beautiful piece of (coin) mentalism magic. It looked old maybe not as old as the 14th century but still old. It works exactly like the Relic which is also sold by Outlaw Effects. The coin- like piece has the Templar cross on one side and the Templar seal on the other. I, too, think that the inner workings are stronger than the Relic. Anyway I will be working on a presentation which will incorperate the history of the Templars and their connections to the Masons. This is a must-have item for the working mentalist
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of spindoc
I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere but the inscription running around the edge of the coin...appropriately difficult to make out due to the medallion's "age," reads: "Sigillum Militum ×ñisti," combining Greek and Latin and roughly translated as "Seal of the Soldiers of Christ." From what I've read I don't believe the Templars minted their own coins so this probably would have been minted in France on their behalf. The horse with two riders is apparently a reference to the order's early poverty. The more I use this item the more I like it.
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I have a great story line that I use, if anyone wants it just PM me.
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I have a great story line that I use, if anyone wants it just PM me.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
There is a Templar forum on my private forum site now Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Cool Rick, I will post it there too. Thanks
Illusion & Beyond
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Illusion & Beyond
I finally received mine and it is a beautiful piece. My only question is about the chain. Mine looks nothing like the one in the picture and is semi attracted?
Anyone else?
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of spindoc
Odd. It should not be attracted at all.
magus-inc
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of magus-inc
Is there anyone in the UK that can sell this at a decent price. Duties into UK suck.
.....follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you........
magus-inc
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of magus-inc
Please be aware folks. I put a wanted post in a few magic forums for The Templar and The Scorpion by Outlaw and immediately someone called Larry answered saying he had The Scorpion. On further enquiries, his English command of the language was not very good, very suspect considering he stated that his name was Larry Fred from Liverpool, he asked for my name address and telephone number. This is a sure sign of a scam. I tested this by offering considerably less than his asking price and he agreed immediately. True sign of a scam. When I asked him for a photograph of it , he stated that he didn't have a camera.
I asked him for his address, no success.
This is a scam, please be aware folks.
magus-inc
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of magus-inc
Hi , tried to email Rick to get a PDF of the Templar instructions as bought it last year and lost instructions. Still havent used it yet.
Anyone got email for Rick as the outlaw email bounced back twice
bole
View Profile
New user
Watching you since
88 Posts

Profile of bole
Well, Rick has a wrong sender address configured in his mail client (lifeagent4u@sbcglobal.net). I tried to tell him several times, but hey, it's Rick. ;-) Contacting him through the official address from his website - outlaw@outlaw-effects.com - usually works without problems. You still need to be prepared to summon some patience and good hope though. Igniting a black candle is rumored to be of help.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
That is a a correct address, but I think the email function on my site is glitching.

outlaw@outlaw-effects.com will work.

PM me if you need instructions
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I've never had any problem reaching Roth. He's always been responsive.

With reference to The Templar -- which I've had for months now -- it's pure brilliance. The design of the entire prop from the chain to the beautifully crafted medallion is superb -- with the painstaking attention you expect from Outlaw. It's become a staple in my paranormal parlor shows. It ranks very close to the top as my favorite Outlaw prop.

People often forget that everything Outlaw creates is essentially hand-treated. It's not like Walmart where they pull the stuff off the shelves. Hand-made takes time. And I don't think you'll find too many people who don't feel an Outlaw prop was worth the wait.

Why am I writing this? I have no vested interest in Outlaw or in Roth -- but I get tired of hearing people complain about having to wait for delivery of props etc. While waiting has never been an issue with me (ie: I've never had to) I would understand if I did.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
zentao
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zentao
Hi Guys, I don't have this yet, have ordered it.
Thought I would share some info on the detail on it.
Firstly the cross - this is the Templar cross (aka cross of st john, maltese cross, campaign cross, iron cross, regeneration cross or fishtail cross). The Templar cross has the distinctive curved or pointed ends (hence fishtail cross)giving the cross eight points rather than the usual four of other crosses. Eight is the infinity sign - standing for the cycle of life, death & rebirth (hence regeneration cross). The cross is also the emblem of the Knights of St John another ancient chivalrous order from the time of the crusades, they set up a hospital in Jerusalem to care for pilgrims in 1080 (the emblem is still used today by St John ambulance).
Now the seal - the image of two knights astride a single galloping horse symbolises several things: First, unity in action or a common purpose; the two men are on one horse, heading together in the same direction. Secondly the fact that the two knights share one horse is a reminder of the vow of poverty taken by the Knights (ironically it was the wealth and power that the Knights amassed that led to them being 'shutdown'). Thirdly, the symbol indicates the spirit of Christ; wherever two or more believers are gathered together, then Christ will be there too(taken from Gospel of Matthew).
Hope this helps as a back story for any of you that are using this piece. My password for the Templar forum isn't working, as soon as I have access I'll post there also.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Thank you for the reviews, guys! Smile This is another new area for me. I like it. I'm gonna have to seriously consider this. Yes, this could be another new avenue to explore!

Doug
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
287 Posts

Profile of fredr500
I just got one. Can anyone post a picture showing how the chain connects to the medallion? My brain just can't figure it out.

Worst case I'll have Rick show me this weekend at ECSS but I want to wear it NOW.

Thanks
--------------------------------
Check out Funeral Sampler and over 200 reviews http://rosemagic.com
Author of The Sweet Psychic, http://thesweetpsychic.com
ECSS I, II, III IV, and V alumnus
PEA Member, IBM and SAM Life Member
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2016, fredr500 wrote:
I just got one. Can anyone post a picture showing how the chain connects to the medallion? My brain just can't figure it out.

Worst case I'll have Rick show me this weekend at ECSS but I want to wear it NOW.

Thanks

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/imag......lar5.jpg
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
287 Posts

Profile of fredr500
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2016, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2016, fredr500 wrote:

Thanks

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/imag......lar5.jpg

Thanks sponge but my chain is different.

But I don't think it matters, even as a single loop it is too tight on my neck. If I wear this I need a new chain.
--------------------------------
Check out Funeral Sampler and over 200 reviews http://rosemagic.com
Author of The Sweet Psychic, http://thesweetpsychic.com
ECSS I, II, III IV, and V alumnus
PEA Member, IBM and SAM Life Member
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Templar Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL