The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Looking for Chandelier Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22723 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
In the 1960s Penguin Magic out of Pennsylvania (this is not the current on line store under the same name) produced a lighted chandelier production item and offered a table top as well for the production from silks or foulard.

Several years ago I seen a Japanese magician, (I believe his name was Birdie, and his company was Magic Park) produce a smaller chandelier in his act.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any chandelier production available today.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7391 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I know of both methods you are talking about. My expartner used to do the Penguin model. He totally rewired the thing so it took about 6 9 volt batteries.

Harakan made the small chandler. Birdie worked Abbott's a few years back when Shimada worked. BTW, his real name is not Birdie. He was just called that because no one could pronounce his name and he liked golf so much.

I do not think either is available anymore except on the used market.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Didn't Geer Cooper from the Netherlands had an act in 1990 producing 6 or 8 chandeliers from a large silk ?

Oliver.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7391 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Ger produced lit candleabras with lit candles. I can only imagine trying to do that now with the fire laws.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Does Ger Cooper sells the set he is performing? Or is there a person licensed by Ger Cooper to make and sell them?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22723 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The double Candelabra that Ger Copper used in his FISM award winning act has never been revealed to my knowledge. It is his property.

That is why I have only witnessed 2 or 3 performers that have produced lit candelabras in their acts.

Holland has great mentors and wonderful creative thinkers.

Fred Kaps, Richard Ross, Ger Copper, Dick Koornwinder are the ones I am familiar with.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7391 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Dick Gustfason also does a lit (now remade with battery lights) chandlier production.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1470 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I've forgotten the performer who appeared on the old Mark Wilson "magic Circus" who also produced a candlelabra...
And of course, Marvyn Roy produced a lightbulb Chandelier
visit me @ JNealShow.com
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
It was Rico who performed on Magic Circus. He also performed on a Merv Griffin show and 2 times in Magic Palace.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1470 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Good to hear from you Bojanbarisic! And once again you are correct. Thanks for filling in my failing memory!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Looking for Chandelier Production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL