The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Torn & Restored "WORD" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheSpellbinder
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of TheSpellbinder
Greetings to all!
Years ago, I saw an effect where a strip of paper with a word printed upon it was torn and restored into a different word, and also torn and restored into the original word. Does anyone remember the name of that effect? I believe it was once sold by Hank Lee's Magic Factory. This was back in the '80's. I would really appreciate any feedback on the name of the effect, and possibly where it could be found these days.
If I'm not mistaken, I think it was used on one of Copperfield's early specials.

Peace, Love, & Magic!

Click here to view attached image.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1470 Posts

Profile of JNeal
A very creative version was in Flip Hallema's lecture notes circa 1974. The premise was tearing a piece of paper with the words "we'll- do- it" printed upon it. tearing it into 4 pieces, Flip has amusing comments about each word or word fragment. When restore it ends printed "Well Done"
Like everything Flip creates , it employs clever word play, and fresh ideas.I recommend it.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
TheSpellbinder
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of TheSpellbinder
Thanks for the info. Is there somewhere I can purchase the Flip Hallema lecure notes?

Click here to view attached image.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1470 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I would search in the for sale section of this forum (when you have sufficient posts). Perhaps one of the readers of this thread will have them to sell.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
"Fresh Fish Sold Here Today" is the older version. Still available from Abbott's I believe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Torn & Restored "WORD" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL