The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IDeck by Noel Qualter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4452 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Hello all!

Just arrived home from a gig, and did what most other Magicians do after arriving home in the early hours...surf the net for Magic! Something caught my eye on the Alakazam site, though it isn't or sale yet as it's not listed on their website, however I am sure one of the guys will chime in soon, but I did find this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85fBQw-YeOw and remember a thread on the Café about how great a trick it is...well, I really can believe that from the demo!

(Not sure if this is meant to be posted yet as I did find it accidentally...so sorry if I shouldn't have said anything)

Enjoy!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Dizzidiz
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Dizzidiz
I don;t think you'll get in trouble. it's on youtube. it's public. anyways, this seems really cool. (I won;t be getting it though because I just can;t see me doing it)
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4452 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Yea realised that, but sometimes people don't want it out there as public knowledge just yet. Think Peter and the guys are at Magic Live so can't comment, but hopefully someone will. I think it looks great
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
777 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Kinda cool.
I wonder how many songs it actually plays.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1250 Posts

Profile of rowland
I know peter pretty well and the last time I spoke to him it was in production and will probably be out later this year.
Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
In fact Alakazam took a very limited number of these to MAGIC Live to sell on their dealer stand. Noel Q is out there as well, so no doubt will be demonstrating it to the movers and shakers.

I would expect it to be on general release by the end of this month, as soon as the Alakazam team get home.

I have been using it for a couple of years, since Noel first made me one, and it is an absolute killer effect for the right audience. There are so many pleasing little details that have been designed just perfectly for this trick that it is the kind of performance piece that puts a smile on your face as soon as you introduce the props, since you know what is coming...

Also, it is not the same song every time, so it can be repeated at the same gig without fear of any of the method becoming apparent.

All in all, I think the iDeck would be a very strong addition to the repertoire of any close-up performer.

Cheers,

ME
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
RELEASE DATE: LATE SEPTEMBER 2009

that's in the description of the video to your right. Looks interesting.
Sam Weiss
View Profile
Loyal user
Stratford, CT should have more than
278 Posts

Profile of Sam Weiss
When this comes out... no doubt about it... I'm getting it. I could SO use this table hopping.

I hope it's a free selection.
"There's something that gets in your soul when you study magic,it's in your heart, and when you perform it comes across the footlights and into everybody else's heart..."
-Denny Haney
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
It's a cool trick. Noel showed this to me at the IBM/SAM convention last year. Good stuff!
AnDraíodóir
View Profile
New user
Ireland
89 Posts

Profile of AnDraíodóir
"iPod shuffle"... I enjoyed that. Smile

It seems like a nice effect, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of the reveal. Wish him all the best with it though!
Philip Ryan

"The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know" -Socrates
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4070 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
This looks interesting, I wonder if it is like Everything's a Radio by Geoffrey Williams ?

Mike
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
This looks kinda cool, I might get it.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5626 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2009-08-17 13:56, Michael Peterson wrote:
This looks interesting, I wonder if it is like Everything's a Radio by Geoffrey Williams ?

I too think the same. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1646 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I think it looks cool but my main concern is, if you can put the actual headphones in your ears or if they must dangle like that. The reason I would be concerned is in most restaurant settings, it's not really the most quiet of places. Infact, most of the places I perform have quite a substantial amount of noise. Would it be heard by the spectator? If not, the reveal of the trick could be really ruined and really anticilmactic.

besides this concern, I think it looks rather cool!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2989 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2009-08-18 05:34, JamieD wrote:
I think it looks cool but my main concern is, if you can put the actual headphones in your ears or if they must dangle like that. The reason I would be concerned is in most restaurant settings, it's not really the most quiet of places. Infact, most of the places I perform have quite a substantial amount of noise. Would it be heard by the spectator? If not, the reveal of the trick could be really ruined and really anticilmactic.

besides this concern, I think it looks rather cool!

Jamie Daws

Could be way off here, but I'm guessing the headphones are pretty much for visual effect only, and the device will be about as loud as the small playback unit found in greeting cards.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
This is now available for pre-order on Alakazam and will be out mid-October.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-08-15 21:15, Christopher Williams wrote:
I am sure one of the guys will chime in soon, but I did find this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85fBQw-YeOw

That video has been taken down. A new video taken at Magic Live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fL3rYgpGu4
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Thanks for the link, Doug. I was in one of the shoots, cool to see it made the final cut (the first and last segment, also starring Spencer Peterson, Tony Chang, Chris Mayhew, Karl Hein and Tyler Wilson).
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5626 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I liked the idea of using a pack of song cards along with an iDECK card box. The idea certainly is very creative and will play big with audience of any age group.

The hooking of the earphone speaker lead is a unique & novel idea. This instantly draws the attention of the other spectators.

Good variation to an old effect.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
What an interesting idea that combines current trend in a clever way. Good job!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IDeck by Noel Qualter (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL