We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Can't find Tenkai Pennies in Bobo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1376 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I have a paperback of Modern Coin Magic with only one index reference to Tenkai; yet I hear that the Tenkai Pennies routine is in here! In another thread, someone mentioned page 359, but it must be the hardback! Any help?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27164 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There are plenty of things in the revised edition that are not in the paperback.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
harry tim
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of harry tim
Yeah, it's really worth tracking down the hardcover: a huge chunk was left out in the dover edition. Also the size of it is much nicer to read (although less portable).
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8882 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Lynn, here's what you need as to the Hardcover version, at a great price and you get Tenkai Pennies and so much more. Smile

amazon.com
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
I have the soft cover edition as well. Is the revised edition only available in hard cover? How much more is in the revised edition? Is it more sleights or just more routines?
Kelvin
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1376 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Thanx so much all. I kinda figured the hardcover was a lot more comprehensive!
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1311 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Tenkai Pennies routine is on one of the Fooler Doolers. I don't know of anywere else it is in text form. I don't know if this helps but hay out it out there.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8882 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey lynn, I too know how it feels when you really need a sip of water but most everybody you ask points the way toward another road toward a river way over there. They are good roads for sure but sometimes you just need a direct sip of water to wet your whistle to continue on...So here it is. Smile

http://www.pubtricks.com/video-pub-tenkai-trick.html

Again I still highly recommend to you to get Bobo's hard cover edition as well because it takes you so much further in the right directions.

*Oh and I have a nice little addition coming out in my new "KABOOM!" for this old classic when you're ready for it. Smile But in the meantime here, drink up my friend. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1376 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Thank you all so much! I got Jay Sankey's 'Sankey-tized II' DVD & finally learned it plus some nice techniques. Having been more of a card guy for years (intimidated by coin work); I'm thrilled to be learning this. I also have a printed version of Daryl doing a 3 coin version of this trick from Genii magazine of Sep 05 ... which actually got me started. But the Sankey DVD had me actually doing it.
I also appreciate how magicians add their own little touches to basic routines,changing things ever so 'sleightly'! Again, thank you all & this makes me all the more appreciative of this forum.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1376 Posts

Profile of lynnef
A special shout out to Mb217! thanks for the link & KABOOM will be on my next shopping list.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
463 Posts

Profile of Kingry
They go for $10 all the time on Ebay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Can't find Tenkai Pennies in Bobo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL