The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Has anyone watched the manchurian approach and has TRIED the techniques? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
You are absolutely right. When the operator/hypnotist/performer stumbles and can not make his instructions come out clear and fluidly it will then help the subject come out of hypnosis on their own since their "natural state" tends to take over (we are after all "programmed" to do so if one was to think about it). Think of it like this:

If all of a sudden the lights go off in the office building you are working at, what would your state of mind be? At that moment your mind would naturally be awaiting instructions. In some ways, when a person is in trance, their minds are literally awaiting instructions. Now ask yourself this, what happens if moments pass by and you don't hear any instructions? You're naturally going to figure things out yourself and choose what YOU decide is the best plan of action.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Oh ONE comment on the DVD that could be deceptive I think.
Its possible he deals with this in DVD 2 or later as I'm just getting to those.

Anthony does some pretty funny and immediate stuff with Chris on DVD 1. All he has to do is jerk his hand and say "deeper deeper deeper" and Chris takes just about any suggestion he has to offer.

Reading between the lines, I suspect that Anthony has hypnotized Chris many times in the past and Chris also has absolute faith and trust in his ability as a hypnotist.

Niether you nor I will be able to do that right off the bat. That's the result of a relationship built over time with a particular subject AND the expertise of the hypnotist. Again I think the book makes it clearer that you or I will need to take it slowly and test the strength of the trance at every step, at least until we have a subject with as strong a past history as he has with Chris.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
I have one more comment to make based on my beginner's experiences with my wife... but I want to take it to private sessions because it has to do with what NOT to tell a subject and we shouldnt be talking about that in open forums...
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Okay, it was a few comments. Ive never really been a one comment sorta guy Smile

Anyway the posting is here...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=37#0
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Interesting post Cyberquat. Glad to see you have picked up on pacing and leading. It will make you a much better hypnotist.

Regarding Chris yes I had hypnotised him when he came on my course. But I can assure you he was just as readily hypnotised an capable of the hypnotic phenomena the very first time. That said of course not everyone is going to be as great as him. Just wanted to point out that it does not have to take a long time to establish such a relationship.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Thanks much for the Clarification, Anthony!

I am learning *so* much from your stuff. And I really value the additional comments you make here as I'm sure so does everyone else.

Jeff K.

(The Cyberqat handle is my "play handle". I live and work on the internet so I've found it prudent to create a separate "play-time" identity. But I know that's somewhat unusual here so I wanted to add a real name to the mix.)
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Cheers Jeff.

I am assuming you have the three supplements to Reality is Plastic. Proper Mental I, II and III. If not email me and I will send them to you.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Is Proper Mental III on the DVDs? I know I & II are.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

No. Proper Mental III came out after the DVD was made. Only RIP owners into magic have it but TMA owners are welcome to it.

Just email me direct.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
E-mail sent Anthony Smile I'm thoroughly enjoying both RIP and TMA. The way the material is taught is quite refreshing and honest. In other words, it never feels like you are holding anything back and what one sees/reads is also thoroughly explained.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Enjoy it while you can. Apparently it is illegal and dangerous material so be careful.

One man is calling for it to be BANNED!
http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie-......dde.html

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:

One man is calling for it to be BANNED!
http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie-......dde.html

You sure that's the right link? I got a mini-movie about the "royal pain in the ass".
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
No, it's the right link cyberqat, your perception of reality was just shifted thus your interpretation of it has changed Smile LoL.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2009-09-02 13:51, kissdadookie wrote:
No, it's the right link cyberqat, your perception of reality was just shifted thus your interpretation of it has changed Smile LoL.

Dam you and your relativistic reality!

;)
Harry Guinness
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Harry Guinness
A clue for you all,

It is "A Typical Tile, Sirs". Also, "A Mag Ran"
www.hypno-help.blogspot.com: Signup for the newsletter to get awesome free stuff.

"Harry knows what he's talking about and gives it to you with no filler. I'd give it a 9.5/10." Tyler Kerner
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4102 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
More like some sort of puzzle than a clue Smile Absolutely no idea what Harry is talking about, LoL.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Just got this the other day and have watched the first two DVDs. This is my first explanation of how to do this and I'm thinking It will be a while before I actually perform any hypnotism. I am a practice junky and maybe the next two DVDs will boost my confidence.

Anyway, so far the DVDs are great. I am gaining an understanding of hypnosis and am wondering if there are some good books on learning WHY it works like it does. The search option produced no good results for a newbie into hypnotism such as myself.

Thanks -Jenny Camelhumper, The IInd- Smile
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Hi J.

It IS scary the first time you do it. My first response on watching the first disc, like many peoples, I think was "is that all there is?" We've all had hypnosis built up in our minds as a great mystical thing... and that thinking is as much responsible for the results as anything else.

That said there is a lot of subtlty to the art. I got as much from observing the way Anthony presents and uses the language in practice as I did from his explainations of it all.

Anyway my main point as another beginner was going to be this... if you ever want to do it then don't wait to start trying. And its okay to fail if you learn something from it. But its sort of like anything else that's scary... the longer you stand on the high diving board staring at the end the harder it is to jump off. My advice is to go ahead and jump. Like that dive from the high board, you really *cant* practice standing on the ground looking at it Smile
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On 2009-09-05 20:57, Cyberqat wrote:
Hi J.

It IS scary the first time you do it. My first response on watching the first disc, like many peoples, I think was "is that all there is?" We've all had hypnosis built up in our minds as a great mystical thing... and that thinking is as much responsible for the results as anything else.

That said there is a lot of subtlty to the art. I got as much from observing the way Anthony presents and uses the language in practice as I did from his explainations of it all.

Anyway my main point as another beginner was going to be this... if you ever want to do it then don't wait to start trying. And its okay to fail if you learn something from it. But its sort of like anything else that's scary... the longer you stand on the high diving board staring at the end the harder it is to jump off. My advice is to go ahead and jump. Like that dive from the high board, you really *cant* practice standing on the ground looking at it Smile

Thank you for the thoughtful post and you are exactly right. I need to watch the other two DVDs, take notes and practice and just do it.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
711 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I have just purchased this from Anthony , I have read the book and I agree cyberqat it seems from the beginners point of view is that all it takes?

I loved the book, such an easy read but personally I like to be shown and DVD`s as with magic seem to work better with me.

I have also purchased Richard Nongards stage hypnosis DVD set of which i`ve already started which I must say is very good so far.

So if I don`t learn anything from these two pro`s I never will .

After I finally watch all material I guess its a case of go and try it out and keep confident, what I have read on here basically if you believe in yourself and believe it will work there is a good chance it will as long as you follow the correct steps!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Has anyone watched the manchurian approach and has TRIED the techniques? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL