The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Patter for Thimbles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClodAppleleft
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, NH
195 Posts

Profile of ClodAppleleft
I have just received my set of Vernet Thimbles and I've been having a blast playing with them, and I'm really beginning to get good at manipulating them.

Anyway, my question is, What is good patter for a thimble routine?

Jeff
There are many different ways to cut an apple.
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
I really don't use patter in the short routine I do with thimbles now, it's kind of like a Cardini act, the thimbles show up, they annoy me, and I can't get rid of them. Maybe 2-3 minutes at the most.
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
brownbeauty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of brownbeauty
I use very little patter with my thimble routine. Most of the noise is coming from the popping of the thimbles ala John Ramsey. My routine is best seen closeup.

Rudy
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
In "Digital Effects: The Magic Of Joe Mogar", Steve Beam has a number of patter suggestions for how to introduce thimbles into a performance. This book also has very detailed descriptions of many and varied moves with thimbles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Patter for Thimbles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL