The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Candle cap (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Anyone know where I can buy (in the States) those caps made for the fantasio candles? Also, is it just me, or is the ring that comes with the vanishing candle too small for the candle's diameter when the candle is open?

I have recently been watching some video of Fantasio--his act and his lectures--and I think he is a great guy and a classy and classic performer.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22859 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The are not available any longer, try posting in the selling magic section, to see if anyone will sell you some. I only have enough left for my candles.

These were manufactured by the brothers that use to make the card fountain, I cannot remember their names.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7436 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Victor and Marcello Contento.

I may touch base and see if I can find any they have left lying around.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thank you, gentlemen.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5171 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
James, there are many sources to obtain these caps. Look on the web under end caps. Here's a link to one of them for example. I needed some replacement caps about a year ago and contacted one of the companies explaining that I wasn't exactly sure what size I needed but I only needed a few. They were nice enough to send me some samples.

http://www.stockcap.com/plastic-end-caps.html

Also, try a home depot, Loew's home center or furniture repair center. Take the candle with you. Sometimes we have to expose a little to get the things we want.

For a homemade solution, put a small piece of plastic wrap, the kind that sticks to itself and wrap it around the wick and top of the candle.

As for the candle ring, you just have to extend the candle a little bit more to make the ring fit.
Where the magic begins
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22859 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dave, thanks for the site info, that is exactly what the Contento brothers were selling, E-Z Tab Caps. They only sold black. Boy the Café is a good resource when we work together.

Here is the same product: http://www.stockcap.com/prod_detail.asp?id=104&cat=12

The rest is up to you. Now if we only had a way to put this information so it would be available to everyone, we would only have to research things one time.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
THANK YOU!

Jim
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I hope I buy the right size. I'm ordering the one's that have an ID of .49 inches. I think the tip of the candle is about .5 inches so that should give a snug fit. It looks like I'll be ordering 100 of them so if it's the right size and anyone needs some, let me know. I will have a lot more than I need.

The next larger size has an ID of .522 inches.

Jim
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I have ordered samples of caps in order to find the best size to use. I will let you know what I find out. I then plan to order a bunch in case anyone else wants some.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Candle cap (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL