The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Does anyone recognize this effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
I saw a gentleman perform an effect the other day that I found to be very effective, yet I can't place a name on it, and thus, am having a hard time finding it so I can add it to my repotroi. Here is the effect:

He took a borrowed deck, and proceeded to lay them out face down in rows, 5 rows of six cards, each row under the other. Like this:

X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X X
X X X X X X

There were six of us gathered around the table. He had five of us select a card, while he went to another room. We then were to turn the card 180 degrees, (not turning it over), without moving them from the layout. He then came back into the room, and proceeded to pick out each card that we had selected. The cards were identical upside down or right side up, nor were they marked.

Then he proceeded to do the same layout, this time with the cards face up. He had one person, again while he was out of the room, select four cards, and make the same movement, turning them each 180 degrees (and again, they look the same right side up or upside down). Each of us remembered one of the cards, so we would remember them all. He again came back in the room, and this time picked all of the cards up from the layout, this time putting them in a stack in his hand. He dealt them out one at a time, and again picked out all four cards from the deck.

Does this effect sound familiar to anyone? I was impressed both by the effect and his presentation, and everyone in the room was equally impressed.

Thanks in advance!
Scott
Magic in the Shadows
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4590 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Hi Scott:

If this is a marketed item?, the name and place where to purchase it is o.k., for
here. The rest should go downstairs into Secret Sessions.

Warmest regards, Smile

Sixten
shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
Thanks for the note Sixten. I don't know if it is a marketed effect or not--that's what I am trying to find out (not how it is done--I will purchase it if it is indeed commercial). I'm just trying to find out if it is a commercial effect, or simply something the gentleman came up with one his own.
Thanks again,
Scott
Magic in the Shadows
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4590 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Hi again, Scott:

My above thread wasn't directed towards you. I was just trying to avoid someone,
who knows of this, and who may be new, here, from threading more than what is
allowed on a public forum.

Any-who:
I'm looking through my materials, and if I find something close, I'll let you know.

Warmest regards, Smile

Sixten
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4590 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Scott:

Just sent you a p/m. Smile
tomboston
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
88 Posts

Profile of tomboston
The effect sounds very interesting, is there a name for it?
bodybyfood
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of bodybyfood
Yes, it does sound interesting. I don't know the name, anyone else?
Pierre Emmanuel
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Pierre Emmanuel
If I understand well your description, that sounds like a trick you find in many old books, and also presented in a DVD about mentalism for parties and stuff like that.
Not sure there is a name ..
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2495 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
I know this effect, sometimes I perform it (it must be over ages old).
I don't know a name for it , though Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Does anyone recognize this effect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL