The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Production of a hearing device (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
Hi there,

I've been asked to produce 3 small medical devices of about 3cm each at a conference. It is a hearing aid so they're small and light. I guess I can easily produce them in the midst of manipulating cards and balls. However, will that place emphasis on the products? How can I make such small items be produced in a grander fashion?

Please help!! Thank you.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Well I can wager in on this as I wear hearing aids
my first thought would be to use a full sheet of flash paper and either write the name of the company or draw a picture of an ear.(I am assuming this is a corpporate gig where you are drawing attention to their products) then light hte flash paper and end up holding the hearing aid.

you could do a cups and ball routine and end up having them being the kicker ending as one under each cup at the end.

are you doing close up or more of a stage act. is this with traffic or are you performing for the organization themselves.

are the hearing aids BTE or in the ear?

good luck

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
Hi Sam,

Yes this is a corporate gig. There are three devices to be produced. It will be a stage performance where three stools or tables with signs on them will be on stage. I will then produce the devices. I will be allowed to perform other things on the devices if possible, making them disappear, changing something to them etc.

I don't think they are in the ear kind of devices as 3cm will be a little too big for that don't you think?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
If you are performing on stage, a hearing aid is hard to notice because of the size. If you made a large load appear, it will be noticeable. The Dove Pan or Square Circle will be my recommendations (only for large loads). Most or all of the hearing aids can be fake so you will cause no damage. If the distance is not far away, just one will be needed.

Another idea is to perform a trick with the hearing aid after it appears. One idea it to make it levitate by using a ITR or Spider Pen. Another idea is to perform a trick using a Magician's Force with different color hearing aides.
Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
Thanks for the recommendations! Love the idea to make it levitate. With it's lightweight I think that's definitely possible. The device is actually an implant device into the bone where it utilises the natural vibrations of the skull to aid hearing. Cool concept!

I think it'll really be great if I can combine it's working principles with magic. That would make the show a lot more meaningful perhaps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Production of a hearing device (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL