The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Rick Maue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
As posted on Rick's Facebook page tonight, Tammy let us know that Rick is recovering from a stroke that happened last night (Monday). He is in a hospital in Pittsburgh. I'm not sure which one as he could be in one of several. Neither Tammy nor his Daughter Jamie have mentioned anything about his status except to say that he is "taking a bunch of tests and waiting for a verdict."

No other information is available at this time, but I thought I'd pass this on to Café members who are friends but may not be on Facebook.

Chris
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Thanks for letting us know Chris.

If you speak with Tammy, please let her know that our prayers are with them.

Tony
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
My thoughts are with him and his family
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Tell Tammy to send Rick all my best wishes.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Rick is an amazing man,
and I wish him a magical recovery!

Walt
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Its always a shock to the heart when you hear something like this.

Along with the whole community - I wish him nothing but the best and a speedy road to recovery. My thoughts and prayers as well.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Believe it or not, Rick is scheduled to host a Bruce Bernstein lecture tonight. Jamie got back to me and let me know that she and Tammy plan to host the lecture as scheduled with some splitting of duties between the hotel and the hospital.

Because of the lecture, there are some out of town friends who are supposed to be here in Pittsburgh. I'm sure that they are also lending support at this point, too.

I'm sure that more information will be available later today.

Chris
fraughton
View Profile
Veteran user
of books
327 Posts

Profile of fraughton
I'm very sorry to hear about Rick's current challenges. I do wish him a speedy and complete recovery.
Beware of this and that.
lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
Rick is one of the most caring, genuine people that I ever met. I wish him a speedy recovery
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Rick is a great mind. I wish him and his family well.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
I had great pleasures talking with him and meeting him. he is strong. in spirit. I know he will overcome......

Ba
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
What terrible news; Rick is a wonderful, kind, and inspiring human being who's had a lot of struggles. Best wishes from the heart, and may he recover swiftly.

Seth
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Rick surprised his out-of-town guests by showing up after the lecture was over. Somehow, he managed to convince the hospital staff to discharge him early.

He is awaiting some test results and I'm sure will have a few more follow-up tests, but his speech, motor functioning, etc. appears to be normal. It was a relief to see his face in the passenger seat of a car when I expected to be visiting him in the hospital this morning.

Chris
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
I wish Rick a very speedy recovery. My thoughts are with him.
Roni
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 08:35, handa wrote:
Rick surprised his out-of-town guests by showing up after the lecture was over. Somehow, he managed to convince the hospital staff to discharge him early.

He is awaiting some test results and I'm sure will have a few more follow-up tests, but his speech, motor functioning, etc. appears to be normal. It was a relief to see his face in the passenger seat of a car when I expected to be visiting him in the hospital this morning.

Chris

That is good news! Thanks, Chris.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Good news indeed, he is a very lucky man to have doged a potentially debilitating bullet. Best to him and to his family.

Kotah
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
"Normal" is not a word I'd apply to Rick, under any circumstances.

Glad to hear he escaped the hospital!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
Tim Felix and I had a great visit with Rick This afternoon.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Wow--that is awesome news! Thanks, Chris and Jon. I had no idea one could recover from a stroke that quickly! I'm not a religious type, but I guess someone upstairs thinks pretty highly of Rick, too... Smile

Seth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Rick Maue (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL