The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic-Ian Last minute lecture tour Sept 8- Oct 8th. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
If you can get your club to sponsor a lecture, I can make it within the dates of Sept 8-Oct. 8th. Two lectures will be available the standard lecture and a Rope lecture. Sooo, if you have any opening any time during this next month. Limited to wherever Jet Blue air flies.
E-mail me!!!
If your club is stuck for a program, or another lecture has canceled, or you just want to see some unique magic, 3-5 day notice is all I will need.
------------------
Some locations Available: Austin, Phoenix, Boston, Buffalo, Burbank, Salt Lake city, Las Vegas, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Long Beach, Chicago, Denver, Pittburg, Seattle, Portland just to name a few destinations. All dates will be posted as they come in. Will fly in just for your club!!
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
A lecture from Ian is a rare treat. If he comes to your town don't miss him.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I just got done sending out individual lecture requests. I do things on impulse.
First, got a package ticket deal, now, I am finding last minute lecture sites.
Its a risk.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
A few people have said "Ian who??" so here's some more background.

The Magic-Ian "last minute" lecture booking.
Sept. 8-Oct 8th ONLY

In the 80's, I was referred to as a young George Schindler, as my New York mannerisms made evident. (George was never amused by that)(never used his material, but always referred to him).
My biggest claims to fame were lecturing at Tannens Jubilee five years in a row (unheard of), 22 effects on the market and all of them received 4 stars in Genii. Then there was the McBride connection, Jeff was a demonstrator and fellow club founder in Middletown, NY. I consulted him in the early days which he admits in the June Linking Ring parade intro.
Lately, after posting some of my lecture material on the web, I have been creating quite a stir on the forums and with the downloads I sell. Rudy Coby was a trainee of mine when he was 10.
----------------
I had to act fast as I have only a month to fly anywhere I want (for $600). Potentially, 20 location or more on short notice. More than a few people said "Ian who?" so I decided to clarify.
-----------------------------

More about the lecture. It is mostly platform and lots of original rope effects. Very little cards, some coins, but everything is immediately useable. Lecture comments usually state, "other lectures have some great stuff, but I actually use the Magic Ian lecture material".

-Ian

I have been doing the first lecture since 1977, and it has been well received at SEAM, IBM, SAM, PCAM conventions plus countless IBM and SAM clubs. Also one of the only lecturers to have performed the lecture 5 years in a row at the Tannens Jubilee.
-----------------------------------
The lecture is on rope, canes, candles, rope, balloons, silks, some coins and small objects, cards, and did I mention rope?
----------
The second lecture is one entire lecture devoted to one rope effect called "dances with ropes". I did this new lecture to RAVE reviews and even the DVD on it has been getting high praise. You can find several threads in the "rope area" about "Dances with ropes" and my downloads.

Quote:
“Magic Ian is one of the guys that taught me how to be inventive...he can teach you too!

His CREATIVITY and ideas are brilliant; his lecture is worth traveling to from anywhere..don’t miss it!”

-Jeff McBride Las Vegas Headliner

My personal web site of videos: http://www.magicians.tv

Most recently, was the June issue, "One-Man Parade" in the Linking Ring.

Thanks,
Magic-Ian
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Two lectures booked so far for the Sept. month, a few clubs are using the lecture as a fund raiser, they are charging $15 at the door and anything above 15 people is profit for the club.
The clubs are doing special lecture dates in between their busy schedules.
Not too late to get in on the deals.
Sept 8th through Oct 8th, if you want to have a middle of the month special event, contact me fast.
-Ian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic-Ian Last minute lecture tour Sept 8- Oct 8th. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL