We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren going against his advice? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
AnDraíodóir
View Profile
New user
Ireland
89 Posts

Profile of AnDraíodóir
Agreed Blake. I remember seeing him perform this several years ago in Belfast and I must say it was a great moment of audience participation. I like how in the clip his statements behind the thought process of the audience actually rang true, as he eliminated the majority of the audience in a premeditated fashion, as if he expected them to choose the hand they did. I'm sure there is "some" truth to what he says in the routine, but I think it was a definite convincer when he did the above.
Philip Ryan

"The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know" -Socrates
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
But look at the rating layman gave it on youtube. It might be brilliant to us, but I don't think it went over as well for muggles.
AnDraíodóir
View Profile
New user
Ireland
89 Posts

Profile of AnDraíodóir
It's only been given a rating by 7 people, and they're not all necessarily muggles either. In fact the only comment is more than likely by a magician, and probably a jealous one at that...
Philip Ryan

"The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know" -Socrates
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of 808
Is it me or did Derren fall foul of Mr. Frost's defiance in thinking of his 'place'? The result of which seems to be a 'wink' to Derren's watchers by way of a thought of SHORT word beginning with C which suddenly got longer but presumably incorporated the short word.

Sounds complicated - but watch the interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LqZHyANzns&feature=related (sorry don't know how to do a proper link)

I laughed anyway!

sometimes people can surprise you!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2009-08-21 00:13, Jonathan wrote:
But look at the rating layman gave it on youtube. It might be brilliant to us, but I don't think it went over as well for muggles.

I think that is probably accurate. If Derren farted on live TV many on here would think it was a highly planned and effective strategy. And would love it.

The general public just don't care that much. Its passing TV.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren going against his advice? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL