The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Legend: A Ghost Story by Steve Fearson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
No. Not a problem. Just that I already purchased S.E. years ago, and don't really want to spend the bucks again just for the presentation angle.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
I kinda-sorta like this a lot! It looks great. My only warning is to those who aren't inclined to DIY projects. I consider myself a good prop maker and still this gave me some problems. Nothing that had me throwing stuff across the room in a rage but I did have to monkey with the design a few times to get it to work well. Once it does, however, it's really quite remarkable. Basically, I found it worked better to "double up" on some thicknesses in the construction.

I can see someone younger and a lot less lazy than I taking this concept and really building something cool with it. Even inches away you can't see what's making it work. Really nice. Just a wee bit fussy to build is all.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The times I built my own in the past I found the materials that are used in the construction get old and can experience "rot" or stretch, making it necessary to reconstruct the gimmick periodically.

In other words after it gets old, it don't work as good. It loses it's power to elevate the pack.

That is not a bad thing. Steve can't help that. But be aware that once you build one (not hard to do) It will only last for so long before you have to rebuild.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
I haven't put this together yet but I will later today. Looks great and the method is very clever. Can't wait to put this to use.....
Wolfenout
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Wolfenout
I purchased the download and so after having watched it once, I went out bought the materials needed and built two all within a couple of hours. The second gimmick allowed for greater height. I took it to my restaurant gig to test it for my halloween set and it got good reactions. I didn't do the ghost story, but rather the psychic powers story, and it was well received.
jsheas
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of jsheas
Where is all the buzz and hype for this great effect? I have seen so many other tricks with multiple pages of posts that don't come close to this effect.
Wolfenout
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Wolfenout
It's just so hard to read over everything and write comments about all the great effects. Plus I have to keep looking over my shoulder to make sure my boss doesn't catch me.
dabah2014
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
157 Posts

Profile of dabah2014
I recently purchased Legend from Downloadmagic.com. The effect is pretty good, but the construction of the gimmick requires prescision on the part of the creator. So far, it's amazed everyone I've performed it for.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
I got fooled, twice when my favorite local magic shop demonstrate that to me. Highly recommended.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
Fearson is a genius, I have no doubt it's good.

Victor Ian Smith
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
61 Posts

Profile of Victor Ian Smith
Two questions...

How is the reset?

And can this gimmick/idea be used on items other than cards (i.e. cigarette packs, gum packs, etc.)?

Thanks,

Brian
"Do what you love...

...and you will never work a day of your life"

- Confucius
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Does anyone know where to get the needed material in quantity?

I want to make a few spares and need more *******.

Please send PM,
Thank You
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Any good art shop should have ******** in big sheets Smile
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
SOOOO glad I found this thread. This effect looks outstanding. I'm glad the harder the gimmick is to build the less will be performing it. Makes sense I never heard a buzz on this. Requires actual analog skill. Like building you're own furniture from IKEA, not impossible, but boy does it take time out of you're day. Worth it in the end. This is the same. I can already picture blending this effect and its story, with Haunted/Haunted 2.0. Imagine, the box floats out of the cellophane, then the card eerily creeps out of the deck. Something to ponder.
Posting ever so slightly.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Moved post,sorry.
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Really did like the outtakes on the DVD Smile
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Received the dvd two days ago, made a prototype which worked but I was not fully satisfied.
30 minutes ago I gave it another try and wow! Just like in the demo Smile
Really like it, can see myself using it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Legend: A Ghost Story by Steve Fearson (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL