The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Copperfield legal documents (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
Some scary stuff in this document, just posted by The Smoking Gun.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/yea......ld1.html

--Jack Smile
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
I just read and sincerley hope none of it is true.
Stephane Jardonnet
View Profile
Regular user
since 2004 and already
147 Posts

Profile of Stephane Jardonnet
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Just goes to show that in today's world it's more important than ever to remember that a person is 'innocent until proven guilty'. Today, anything that is on the news I take with a large grain of salt.
Coram Deo
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
I think both the Smoking Gun and David documents probably each have some truths. A lot of us have heard the story of assistants asking pretty girls to go backstage to meet David and that he has a system of picking girls from the audience. That part is believeable. It is hard to believe David assaulted anyone. Maybe the sex stuff happened as she said, but consentually, and she went home, felt guilty, and then felt greedy. I guess time will tell.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
I'm having trouble believing the young lady's story,especially since he has his long time girl friend and the mother of his children living in Las Vegas where they were residing when this all is alleged to have taken place. I may be wrong, buy I just don't buy it.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 18:08, Stephane Jardonnet wrote:
You must read that too :

http://www.copperfieldsetstherecordstraight.com/

Thanks for posting that link. It was in the thread that I started which was later locked.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
cairo
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of cairo
True or not he has the cash to beat this.
Allan Bright
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Allan Bright
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 22:25, magicnewswire wrote:
I'm having trouble believing the young lady's story,especially since he has his long time girl friend and the mother of his children living in Las Vegas where they were residing when this all is alleged to have taken place. I may be wrong, buy I just don't buy it.

Hello, what do you mean by he has the mother of his children living in Vegas. Does Copperfield has some children?

Thanks?
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 18:27, Steven Steele wrote:
Just goes to show that in today's world it's more important than ever to remember that a person is 'innocent until proven guilty'. Today, anything that is on the news I take with a large grain of salt.

Amen!
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2009-08-20 22:25, magicnewswire wrote:

I agree with you. I've known David for about 30 years and this just doesn't sound like him at all. Yes, he can be a pain to deal with at times and he has a big ego like most performers of his stature... but the bottom line is he has no reason to "force" anything. None at all. There is simply no incentive for him.

We just need to ask ourselves if there is an incentive for this "alleged" victim?

I think we all know the answer.
Ray Pierce
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
This news item actually made the newspaper here in Hong Kong (where DC used to visit during his Asian tours - but not for around 10 years...).

I laso found the various inconsistencies rather hard to beleive - such as the lack of access to reporting the crime; the alleged seizure of her travel documents by DC upon arrival on the island etc.

Anyway I'm sure that 'the truth will out' in due course...it ALWAYS does!
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
An associate of mine was, for quite some time, employed by David Copperfield.

It was from her that I first heard about people on staff picking out women to spend time with Copperfield.

She said he had an ego, but that's about the worst thing she said about him.

A guy like David Copperfield doesn't need to force a woman into having sex.

This is just another opportunist trying to cash in.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2009-08-23 11:06, Servante wrote:
An associate of mine was, for quite some time, employed by David Copperfield.

It was from her that I first heard about people on staff picking out women to spend time with Copperfield.

As odd as this sounds to people outside the industry.. it's nothing compared to Rock & Roll tours where the roadies and tech crew frequently assume the role of liaison to the front line talent by selecting and frequently auditioning prospective applicants for personal services.
Ray Pierce
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Ray,
That is the longest consecutive string of euphemisms...I've ever read!
LOL !!!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
As a personal experience...

When David was here in Atlanta some year's ago (shortly after the "Flying" special and long before I ever met of spoke with David) he selected my wife as an audience volunteer for his ring to shoestring ("Hey.. it's Copperfield not Coppa Feel") routine.

It may be that this has changed, but no one approached us before or after the show regarding her on stage participation.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2009-08-25 17:41, JNeal wrote:
Ray,
That is the longest consecutive string of euphemisms...I've ever read!
LOL !!!

lol... I was trying to be discreet.

Dodd... I don't believe he goes after everyone that hits the stage in the show, also (as well you might imagine) if they are alone there are better odds... although that doesn't always rule out some.
Ray Pierce
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Dodd, are the authorities going to charge David with anything or not. I did'nt see any reference to charges, only the lawsuit.

norm
arkellmagic
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of arkellmagic
Well I have always loved David Copperfield! He was always nice when I got to speak with him and also very encouraging with my career! I used to work with an Illusionist years ago....so I know what employees of the organization was told to do...even if it was not true...to protect the image of the celebrity ,however I can`t speak for David and his crew! I wish David the best of luck with this stressful situation! I have been in a similar situation in the past.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Copperfield legal documents (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL