The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » RUFF FOOTAGE OF MY NEW STUFF (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKqxqP34Z1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzbj97nuXGo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inde1J7gtHE

I'm sorry for all the problems with the video.

a lot of bad stuff here, noise from the camera stand, wind, a big fat water mark in the middle of the screen, and I left a bunch of tricks out of the routines...

the good news is that the video clarity gets better as the show progresses. the last clip being the best I guess.

what I like about the new show is that all the tricks can be done surrounded and seen at a distance or close up. the tricks can also be done spoken or to a silent routine, with a silent routine I would add another ball[by production] and do more manip and juggling magic.

also this show can play on a sidewalk, half circle, or full circle show depending upon how I structure it.

for a smaller quicker sidewalk show I take the rope finale out and put more manip in and finale with a giant tin can banging on the ground, dropping from the hat.

I'll try and get some footage.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thanks for posting... good stuff.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Jimmy, I enjoyed watching you on the first video but couldn't get the other two to play.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
D. Yoder
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of D. Yoder
Thank you, Jimmy, for posting the new show. I learn a lot by watching your work through video. I know that you've put a lot of time and thought into the new ending and it looks like it is working well for you.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Finally got them to play. Looks good.

-=tab
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hay Jim
Great fun, I enjoyed it, thanks.
Mario
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Jimmy,

You always put on a great show. Thanks for putting these up.

George P
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Good job jimmy.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Thanks a lot y'all.

I was worried, it's always scarey putting up footage of yourself and I know I have agravated a lot of my peers on the net over the past year for varioius reasons.

I hope it helps anybody trying to figure out their own show, I know it helps me a lot when I watch others working.

this was really important to me because of the fianle.

I searched and worked long and hard to find the finale I feel comfortable with..years....i know it's not much, but I am finally satisfied and comfortable with the end of my show.

the fianle looks a lot better when I am up on a perch 2 or more feet. the rope has better shape and the effect has bettter movement and of course it fianles better when the performer is up high.

george gilbert called me and told me I should correct the egg trick and do it more like a surprise4 to myself and to use a stronger method of production and a larger egg.

so I went out today and did that......the whole audience gasped and many blurted out where did that egg come from.

thanks george.

and thanks again y'all for the encouragement.

your pal jimmy

p.s. does anyone have any suggestions what I should perch up on to do the finale?

something some what portable.
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Jimmy, If I may: Something that has always come in handy for me is a foldable chair. Not a huge one, but a smaller one. They are good because they are multi function. You can stand on it for your finale. You can sit on it and read a book. Take a meal, hold up other props, put your hat on and collect, etc.

The one I use folds in one motion. Not the kind that fold 2 or 3 ways...too complicated, too many hinges. Whadda you reckon?
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2009-08-21 10:51, Nick W wrote:
Jimmy, If I may: Something that has always come in handy for me is a foldable chair. Not a huge one, but a smaller one.

That's a good point. I need to dig out a picture of the old wood folding one I used and it makes a good base for your table top. I'll see if I can find a picture.

-=tabman

Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
A fella by the name of Al Angelo (he posts here) showed me a very cool little folding chair. However, is was also connected by strong cords. When you stepped on the chair, it flattened to the ground. Then upon releasing, the chair would snap up and fly about 5 feet upward. Which of course is caught. A cool little flourish. It also made a nice loud pop. Al warned me that if you stepped too close, it would pop you in the chin!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
It is called a "jump stool", and is availible at Stevens magic for about $120.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
That 3 legged stool that Brian B. uses is the best thing I've seen. He told me the website he got it from, but I can't remember now. It was made in Europe though and there was a picture of 4 of them holding up an SUV on the website. Very strong (obvio), stable and light weight...and they come in varying heights. Tad on the expensive side though as I recall.

Chad
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Yep if I remember $75 0r $80, yeh I was the one who told him about it and eric evans told me.

it's a great stool, but the thing is, it's a little sketchy to stand on for the finale.....but I love it because it will fit in the small hand bag.

how you been chad? long time no hear.

my teacher doug conn had one of those jumpy stools, they're a blast and great for a clown character only problem is I can'tr stand on it.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hi Jimmy,
Amazing that you show and share so much,... that's the thing I learn most from you. I won't waste time and words blabbering on all the "good stuff"; it'd fill pages. And before I start I must confess; where I'm sitting, the internet is slower then a nun in a gay bar. I've only gotten the first 46 seconds up,... not bad for a man my age. Still, let's go.

I find your Flip-Stick-Work too fast and jerky. I can't relax as a spectator. OK, maybe I could enjoy it,... but I can't relax. As a spectator, I feel, "I'm not sure what's going on here, but when he moves quick and AWAY from me; I know something's going on." Still, IT might be entertaining. Magical?,... hmm. Try it slower,.. just try it once.

Secondly, the text. "Watch!" "Watch!" "You weren't watching!",.. hmmmm. I know, Text, especially Original, and Pertaining, is difficult. (i suppose this is why you share,... you hope for more input as simply, "Good stuff. Thanks.")

Text. I liked the beginning, with Katharina. (god, I'm sure I know the girl!) Still the joke doesn't hit me enough. How about, "Katharina. Ja. She liked a lot about me. That's why she took most of it when she left.",... something along those lines. "Some get `the Shaft'. Some the `Screw'. I got the `Stick'." (,...if you're interested in more Text along these line let me know,.. you kicked off wave; they're yours. PM me.)

Something to stand on. Like I said, I haven't caught the end, I'm not sure of the moment; but,... need something to stand on? Use something you've already got in your Show. Your Sign. Show your Sign as a simple cardboard paper. Two dimentional, flat. First Magical moment, stand it up, unsupported. Second Magical moment, stand on it. It could be quite a Magical situation. Kinda know what I'm talking about? Imagine it?

hey, I've got to blow. Take care buddy. Give it easy,
gallagher
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Gallagher,

good stuff thanks.

great criticism.

I feel the same way about the flip stick work, I'll try and slow it down and smooth it out.

sometimes I go slow, sometimes I go fast, depending on the attention span of the crowd.

my technique for crowd building is machine gun fire tricks to stop em right away....i am not a slow build entertainer. I stop a group and go to work. it's just the way I prefer to work [even if maybe it's unwise].

this doesn't translate well to vidseo or the stage. I always slow way down on stage with these tricks.

and it does bothers me that the stick work gets wasted in my show.

the reason for the jerkyness is, simply, it's tuff to hold control and conceal with wind, working surrounded and other outside conditions, but I still like using the stick because it gives me the best results.

in the video those people stopped at the stick trick and the patter.

I'm still working on this new show and you hit the nail on the head thanks, I'm gonna try and fix it.
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

I just gotta try and figure it out, I'm thinkin about putting another trick in the begining....like a diablo or something...i dunno.

any suggestions would be great
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Jimmy, I didn't know you did the chinese yoyo.. that rocks.. I started practicing it after watching Hilby...

About the stand , I had a thought - instead of your hand bag you could use a milk crate - you could even have it outlined in brown leather to match your old bag, and put a strap on it.. When you need to do your finale just stand on that??

GG
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » RUFF FOOTAGE OF MY NEW STUFF (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL