The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Time Sensitive by Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
What do you think about this effect??

http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48322

For me its very clean, and very good price
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
732 Posts

Profile of dduane
HI,

Well I Liked it too, and think it will play well for a lay audience. I didn't buy it, because I knew the method as soon as I saw it. The same effect was released some time ago using playing cards. I don't remember who did it - I'll have to research that. I think Jay's presentation is effective - nice bit of mentalism with a business card.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I ordered it today and I will post a review when it arrives and I've had a chance to go over it. I too have an idea of how---but I've been wrong before so I'll wait to see how this works. I will let you guys know what I think when it shows up.

Good magic to all,

Eric
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
It does look good
numizmata
View Profile
New user
Budapest
63 Posts

Profile of numizmata
It's really not a secret writing?
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Got it today. I have to admit there is more to this than meets the eye. I will be working on putting together the gimmick and then I'll practice it and show it. Then I will write what I think. But let me say this is not some poorly put together idea. It also is not what I thought the method would be---it is much nicer. But the real proof will be in the preparing and performing. I will let you know.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

BTW the video that's posted for this effect is one version of it. There are different ways to perform this. One version shows you how to toss out the cards while the other version has you retain them.

Good magic to all,

Eric
ZoiyaKumar
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of ZoiyaKumar
Reminds a one famous trick handcraft by a Japanese Magician..........
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Keen to read a full review of this. How are you getting on with the effect?
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Just as an update. I use this now as a staple in my performance. The handling is very simple and when you hand out the signed card at the end it is really great to see the reaction. For the price you can't beat it. It is something I use and enjoy performing.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1401 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Quote:
On 2009-09-25 07:28, Robmonster wrote:
Keen to read a full review of this. How are you getting on with the effect?

The package includes three folded sheets (two double-sided
pages for the instructions and one for the cover), plus the
materials needed to make the gimmick. You must supply your
own business cards.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 01:19, The great Gumbini wrote:
BTW the video that's posted for this effect is one version of it. There are different ways to perform this. One version shows you how to toss out the cards while the other version has you retain them.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Which version is the more workable of the two?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
I've received my copy of this now, and there is virtually no difference in handling between the two versions. It's a presentational difference really.

I've not yet made up the gimmick, so obviously haven't tried it out yet.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

I prefer the retaining version myself. I think it's enough you pass the card out after the effect. By "version" I always take into consideration any different handling (or presentation). There is a difference and one that people buying this should know about. But that is not to say it lessons the effect---it does not. My advice is for the price get it. I use it a lot.

Good magic to all,

Eric
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
690 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Is there an instant reset?

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
You can be set to do this maybe 3 times in a row without needing to reset. The actual reset is very quick when you need to. This is all based on the manuscript, I've not actually tried it out yet.
Unicorn
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Unicorn
I don't think much of the demo by Sanky as it does not include the spectator saying what time she is thinking of. Also does the one hand show in addition to the minute, the hour that it is pointing the minutes past if you get what I mean.
It certainly looks good but I think a more clearer demo would help it sell more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Time Sensitive by Jay Sankey (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL