The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Wonder/Magic Worms (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sam_klingner93
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of sam_klingner93
Just wanting to know how much success you have had with worms (obviously selling them) and also the best wholesalers/suppliers?
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
As I've said in a few other posts, the worm is a great pitch item because it REALLY attracts attention if you set it up properly and handle it well. It just stops people dead in their tracks! You can pull a big tip without even saying a word (although of course a good spiel is still very helpful).

If they never saw it before, they are intrigued. If they already know about it, they say "Oh, I had one of those when I was a kid," and then buy them for the children or grandkids.

The combo of the worm and the Svengali Deck is dynamite. In my experience, which one sells more will depend on the makeup of the crowd; younger kids go for the worm, older kids tend to go for the deck.

Get yourself Don Driver's "Svengali Deck/Worm Pitch" DVD, and you can hit the ground running. Click HERE for more info; Don's website also has a link for a very good wholesale worm source. You still have to hustle to find and get the good spots at fleas, street fairs and festivals, but if you put your mind to it, it's very possible to make a nice chunk of money and have a good time at the same time. I'm sure others on the Café will agree!

BTW, I have no financial connection with Don, I'm just a very satisfied purchaser. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
chefmagic
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of chefmagic
Nowstalgictoys.com have the best packaging. It is about .25 more than the comp. but it also has a carrying case and a web like fur further instructions. I found those items to help sell the product. Carl is a great guy to deal with.

Mike
Mike

Magic Legacy - Low prices on great magic!
www.magiclegacy.net
sam_klingner93
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Thanks Seth & Mike, your help is appreciated.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Sam,
Go to http://www.toysontv.com and you can see Carl in action with the squirmle.Thats the one I pitch.

Later,Don
sam_klingner93
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Thankyou Don, much apreciated.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Quote:
On 2009-08-21 19:51, sethb wrote:
As I've said in a few other posts, the worm is a great pitch item because it REALLY attracts attention if you set it up properly and handle it well. It just stops people dead in their tracks! You can pull a big tip without even saying a word (although of course a good spiel is still very helpful).

I can second this, just working the worm gets people's attention, then doing the pitch gets them to stop because they want to see what else the worm can do. It is the really good tip builder for me.

I purchased my first gross from Sam Adam's but don't care for the the packaging much, but if I would payed more attention to Don's DVD I would acquired the correct package (i.e. the Squirmal).

Either way it still sells, but I've only been out there once Smile
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Wonder/Magic Worms (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL