The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What can you do. . . (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gforster
View Profile
Regular user
californian living in wisconsin
136 Posts

Profile of gforster
with just a pencil? Most people have one lying around, so I was wondering how many tricks can you come up with only using a pencil?
EVENTVS STVLTORVM MAGISTER
brownbeauty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of brownbeauty
Ring on Pencil, PK Pencil, Flipstick Pencil. I know there are more!

Rudy
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
How about cigarette manipulations. . .if it's short.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
You can write with one too.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Break the tip off and use as a N.W.

Hey, if you listen to the Schindler's pen ad, you can use it to vanish objects of any size, predict the future, or vanish the Statue of Liberty.

You could use it as a wand in an impromtue cups and balls routine, or for striking vanishes.

Or the old gag of putting it in your ear, taking it out of your mouth really fast, ect, ect, ect.
adam_wolfe
View Profile
New user
england
20 Posts

Profile of adam_wolfe
Check out http://www.pentrix.com/ very good
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I just did. It's says "Domain name for sale." Plus, I had four popup windows bombard me. Smile

Brian
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Pencil through head Smile like on Andrew Mayne's video. Pencil through anything...... with leaving a hole in a shirt or bill Smile just playing, don't try that.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Don Wilson
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Don Wilson
There is always the old, old gag standby of shoving a pencil up the nose or in the ear, simply putting a pencil to nose and having the pencil covered by your wrist and forearm as you pretend to push. Would not advise showing to kids under 35! Don
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
369 Posts

Profile of Bill
Blehr;
the address is wrong. Try http://www.pentrix.com/ [staff note: both addresses have been corrected]
Although this is for pen spining, not pencils.

This is an interesting topic. As you can see, there aren't that many pencil tricks it seems.
gforster
View Profile
Regular user
californian living in wisconsin
136 Posts

Profile of gforster
Well, I guess I should have posted my list to begin with, huh? An ungimmicked No 2 pencil type routine, color changing pencils, sharpened/unsharpened pencil, Dough!, Misled (not totally impromptu, I know) ...hmm, that's what I came up with. I just really think it would be cool to come up with a whole routine!

Oh, the pentix site has been of great help to me in the past (gives me something to do in class!)
EVENTVS STVLTORVM MAGISTER
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Depends. If it's Misled, then no. But if it's pencil through dollar bill, then yes, it can be impromptu.

I carry a gimmicked dollar bill with me for the effect called "Piercing George's Ear." All I need is to borrow a pencil, and a small piece of paper, and away I go. Great little effect.

Brian
laidback
View Profile
New user
NJ
51 Posts

Profile of laidback
Add in a piece of scrap paper, and you can do a center tear.
DJP
View Profile
Veteran user
London
391 Posts

Profile of DJP
Add in a deck of cards and you can do a signed card effect Smile

I would do a spirit pencil effect, where the pencil is balanced on the edge of a table at 90 degrees to the table edge and by the "power of the mind" the pencil rotates.

I believe it may be on Ammar's Impromptu tapes- maybe...

PM me for details

Dave
David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What can you do. . . (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL