The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Vegas Magic .. Nathan Burton Delivers! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Although there was little time to escape from "Magic Live" I managed to attend Nathan Burton's show at the Flamingo and I was pleasantly surprised. In fact .. I think it's the best afternoon show on the strip!

The show is fast paced, family friendly and a bargain. There is not a bad seat in the house and it was packed. You get more bang for the buck, one illusion after the other .. no filler here.

Nathan has a winning personality and he deserves all the success that comes his way.

Steve
JVHarrison
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of JVHarrison
Couldn't agree more. I've seen Nathan's show five or six times and it's great entertainment, wall-to-wall illusions and one of the best deals on the strip.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Nathan, sadly, is under-rated by the magic press. IMHO he's one of the top thinkers, and nicest guy around. He's right there with Lance and Mac.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2258 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Pete, I agree with you (although I frequently find myself doing that!) I've only seen him a few times but think he has great potential that will ony develop more as he learns the market.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1302 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Yes, Nathan is really good. I truly enjoyed his show. I liked the theater not being very big, makes even illusions very intimate. As an idea, I got most kicks out of his hairdryer suspension-the whole concept is really clever. Good show indeed.
Sent from my Typewriter
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
His talk at Magic, Live on the subject of reality TV (America's Got Talent) was a highlight.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1274 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I have to disagree. I think Mac's show is the best afternoon show on the strip and, in fact, one of the best shows, period, magic or otherwise, day or night.

I saw Nathan's show last year and it just left me cold. I just didn't care and I didn't feel he wanted me to care. Everything was just thrown away.
It's all in the reflexes.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Of course Mac King's show is one of the very best on the strip .. but, it's in a different category. Mac's show is comedy magic and Nathan falls under the illusion category.

Apples and oranges ...

Steve
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1598 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On 2009-08-25 17:44, Jerskin wrote:
His talk at Magic, Live on the subject of reality TV (America's Got Talent) was a highlight.

Would love to hear his views on that.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22131 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2009-08-26 01:31, Chezaday wrote:
Nathan falls under the illusion category.

Apples and oranges ...
Steve

Just did a search on Nathan Burton, his side bills him as a Comedy Magician. Is this the Nathan Burton you are referring to?

http://www.nathanburton.com/
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1274 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Apples & Oranges, yes, Steve. But Nathan does bill himself as comedy magic. True, he's doing illusions. I'm getting at connection with the audience, though. Mac is present and really connecting, every time I've seen him.

Nathan just seemed to throw everything away. No real connection with the audience at all. I felt like I was just watching a guy go through the motions as fast as he could.
It's all in the reflexes.
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Where does he perform?
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
He's at the Flamingo during the day
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Vegas Magic .. Nathan Burton Delivers! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL