We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Best Reel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicday
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of magicday
I wish to order an ITR,there are so many on the market. Please tell me which is the best buy . Thanks
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
430 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Well, get motorized reel by Jonh Kennedy.
I LOVE it.

Regards
magicday
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of magicday
Hi,

I need a reel for pull back bigger items such as knife, coins or balls. I think motorized reel can't work.
guccimagic
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of guccimagic
If you can find it the Paul Diamond brass reel it is very soild
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
I am very satisfied with my Swedish Reel from El Duco. It's the same that's used in El Duco's Ring Flight. Silent, solid and stable.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Koji Takada
View Profile
Regular user
Tokyo, Japan
146 Posts

Profile of Koji Takada
How about Patrick & Mia's "PM Magic Reel"?

It is a quiet locking mechanism and strong enough to use for Knives, coins, balls,etc.

Koji
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
I have seen the Patrick & Mia reel. It is built like a tank, and has a lifetime repair guarantee. It's the best I have seen.
magicday
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of magicday
Thank you for all your inputs. I've heard that the Swedish Reel from El Duco have a brake system. Is the brake useful for vanish ?
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
The brake is useful to have the line with the hook fixed e.g. to your watch. So it's near your hand and without tension. Just pull a little and you got full tension.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Michele
View Profile
Loyal user
Taiwan
300 Posts

Profile of Michele
I've use the Patrick & Mia reel. It doesn't have a brake, but it works OK. It stops when you stop and when you pull a little more it will have tension again.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
The swedish Reel and P&M Reel are not ITR's, as they do not use IT. They are just reels. If you are looking for a reel, they will both serve you well. However, if you are looking to do IT work (floating bill, rising card, helicopter card, animations, etc) they are not what you want.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
The Kirkendall reels are back in production. George's work was some of the finest in the world. Check the Linking Ring for ads.

Also, if you can get a Martin reel you have the Rolls Royce of reels.
Jemy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jemy
Where can we get the Martin Reel ? Where can we learn effect with reel ( not ITR effect, but vanishing effect or other ).
Thanks
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
You can get the Martin reel from Jim Riser or Owen's Magic. They are not cheap (Owen's $950 and Jim 1250?). I've never seen one in person but I know they are strong enough to pull a vanishing birdcage.

Hope that helps...
Corey King
Jemy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jemy
Definitely much too expensive for me but I will have a look.
Smile
Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
Any comments on Owen reels?
felix2
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of felix2
I believe Nathan Kranzo has a pretty decent utility reel/pull that can, according to his advert, vanish a small child!.Hmmmmmmn....check it out at http://www.nathankranzo.com Smile
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
The pull Kranzo is selling is not a reel. It is an elastic pull.

Dan
Click to visit:
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24292 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2003-06-13 00:13, Corey K wrote:
You can get the Martin reel from Jim Riser or Owen's Magic. They are not cheap (Owen's $950 and Jim 1250?). I've never seen one in person but I know they are strong enough to pull a vanishing birdcage.

I don't believe that is quite accurate. The purpose of the Martin reel was never to vanish the cage. It was to take up the slack necessary to set the vanishing cage gimmick to the proper length.

Since this is an open forum, I won't go into detail about how this works.

There are actually two types of vanishing cages. The martin cage is different from the so-called "DeKolta" cage, which is actually the Carl Hertz cage.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Monte
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Monte
John Kennedy's stealth retractor is the best. I have brought two ITRs and both have broken over the years. I have had the stealth retractor ever since it came out and it works wonders. Smile
Monte, as in the 3 cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Best Reel (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL