The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Levitations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dr. JK
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, South Carolina
904 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
I can't tell you about the 3 in 1 Levitation from a performance perspective, but I can tell you where to read the advertisement! Smile Go to http://www.hocus-pocus.com and then do a search for "levitations." It should be the first thing on the list. There is also a video demo of it there.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.psychiccpa.com
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
Has anyone used or seen Lighter than Air? I would like to know more about it.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone ever bought a Gamolo levitation? I got one years ago. I think back in 1983. I may have used it 10 to 15 times in practice and performed it on stage once, before it broke! I tried to reinforce the weak areas. It still kept breaking!
$2000 down the drain. I had a friend re-make new parts for it with a few new ideas that I had. It is really something to see.
The point that I am trying to make is that many times we as magicians get screwed when we spend our hard earned money.
There are some really good safe illusions out there, but there are also illusions that are unsafe and of poor
workmanship. Plus they are asking to much money for them.
I think that any illusion made for a magician by a magician has got to be top notch and depentable. I for one plan to buy the 3 in 1 levitation.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I am getting one delivered tommorrow, used. Bought off of the Magic Auction. I sure hope I didn't get someone's lemon.

Den
Dennis Michael
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Mr. DenDowhy,
Did you get the levitation yet? Over the years I have had ideas and some methods that I came up with in using this type of levitation.

From working it with only you and the box jumper and removing/replacing the table yourself. Also how to performed it in the center of a stage and while doing it, walk away from it without giving anything away. Also a way to control it from three different locations while you walk in front and to the sides of the floating box jumper.

If you like to talk, E-mail me, I will also tell you where to look for the problems that I had with the one I had before I rebuilt it.

I hope that yours is a really good levitation, and maybe I just got a bad one.

Ray.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Your advice is most welcome. Call me on my toll free number: 800-927-6671.

I got stuff with it I don't know what they are for. It appears there are two platforms S-type and Carpet type.

There seems to have been some problems because there are several welded areas, may not be a true Gamolo Levitiation but a home made version of it, but since I don't know what a true version is I guess I have to take the sellers word.

No instructions. It does rise about face level. Makes noise due to the echo in the box, Needs foam.

I am excited that you're will to help here.

These sound great:

• Center stage levitation
  • Walk-Around
  • Multiple location control
  • Potential problems
  • S-Bar vs Carpet Float
  • Getting Assistant on and off
  • Platform (box) concealment
  • Weight limitation.
  • On and Off stage

It appears that the platforms can be easily interchangeable with my Super-X levitations, and the flat platform can be used in a stool rise.

Den
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Levitations (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL