The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill Switch with a TT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jia Truong
View Profile
New user
Australia
38 Posts

Profile of Jia Truong
I recently got a TT for my birthday and wondered where I would have to look for a bill switch. I have no previous experience with this type of thing. By the way, I need a bill switch that will work with different coloured currency as I am using Australian currency.

Thanks in advance,
Jia
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
There are a lot single and multiple bill switches. I would suggest doing a search and following the threads. Mike Klosowski's bill switch is on "The Magic of Michael Ammar" and other places. I personally like the "Juan Hundred Bill Switch".
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Many threads talk about this. Do a search first, you'll find all the infos that you need.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
The book "Switch" is the defacto reference on bill switches. It isn't cheap, but is worth it.
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Jia Truong
View Profile
New user
Australia
38 Posts

Profile of Jia Truong
Thanks every one. I'll check those out.

@ Johnathon: I admit being too lazy to do a simple search. Will do that next time.
Jia Truong
View Profile
New user
Australia
38 Posts

Profile of Jia Truong
I found the Juan Hundred Bill Switch on ellusionist website. After the description, there is a note saying: "You must be familiar with “Hundy 500” or a similar multiple bill change to incorporate this incredible addition."

Does this mean that I have to learn the Hundy 500 before purchasing?
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Quote:
On 2009-08-29 05:46, Jia Truong wrote:
I found the Juan Hundred Bill Switch on ellusionist website. After the description, there is a note saying: "You must be familiar with “Hundy 500” or a similar multiple bill change to incorporate this incredible addition."

Does this mean that I have to learn the Hundy 500 before purchasing?

No, you can still learn the Jaun Hundred dollar bill switch. But you must be familiar with Hundy 500 to understand the bonus effect on the dvd. The bonus effect is a variation on the actual change in Hundy
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
If you learn the Juan Hundred switch, you might want to consider looking into Juan Pablo's Barehanded Bill Production DVD. I like producing a bill from "thin air" and then changing it to a hundred. It allows for some good performance and patter.
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
I think Richard Sanders has some interesting work on this. Very clean! Over the years he developed many switches, some of which don't use a TT at all and are very visual.
liampower
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of liampower
Hey mate,

using brightly colored different sized plastic currency does provide a unique set of challanges. I think that its almost impossible to do a Juan Hundred Bill Switch with our money (although I'm sure someone can) I've tried a lot of billswitches and for our currency I prefer money morph with a sleight variation of the first fold being top to bottom as well. pm me if you have any questions
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Roger Klause's Book "In Concert" had some great info. on "half moves" that really smoothed the switch out.
Worth looking into before you get any bad habits.
This won't help you color problem. Maybe a mismade bill in your currency?
-Mary Mowder
TomFoolery
View Profile
New user
Gloucester
83 Posts

Profile of TomFoolery
Been in Britain all our bank notes are different sizes so I start off with a blank piece of paper and change it into a £20.
This lead to a funny situation paying for gas one day I asked the cashir for some paper from the receipt roll and changed it in to a £20
Drake
View Profile
New user
I feel bad having only
59 Posts

Profile of Drake
Seen an ok tt bill change on the Underground Magic DVD just wasnt impressed there was no voice track on the DVD just the effect being shown from the magi's pov.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Magick Balay's "4 Quarters" is a good one to start learning with.
meekomagic
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of meekomagic
In the effect I do I have to vanish a bill which I have torn in half. What is the best way to vanish these two halfs of a bill?
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Quote:
On 2010-02-04 19:44, meekomagic wrote:
In the effect I do I have to vanish a bill which I have torn in half. What is the best way to vanish these two halfs of a bill?

Let's see, you could use a TT, a pull, a topit, a Devil's Hank, a card box (a gimmicked wood box, not the case the cards come in), a small paper cone, an almost endless number of larger props and gimmicks, or good ol' sleight of hand and misdirection. Which of those methods would be "best" is entirely too subjective and is dependent upon your skill level, your preferences and all of the other aspects of the effect.

All that said, if it was me I'd probably use a TT. Indeed, that's the method I use to vanish an intact bill in my BIL/Benson bowl routine.
Metatron
View Profile
Elite user
Port Orchard, Washington
436 Posts

Profile of Metatron
Michael Ammar - Classic Renditions - Vol 3

Covers the invisible bill switch using a TT in detail.

Metatron
DudleyMagic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DudleyMagic
I always thought Roger Klause "Half Moves" concept applied to the bill change really elevated the bill switch to an entirely new high. This effect looked like pure magic in Mr Klause's Hands.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
The contributions from Roger Klause were absolutely amazing, and they really did elevate this sleight/technique to a new level all its own. Another version of the bill switch utilizing a TT, which I still use and find very clean as it leaves the bills in sight the entire way through, is called Money Morph.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ben salina also teachs a few good bill switchs
I think magic makers puts out the dvd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Bill Switch with a TT (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL