The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Paul Harris "Little Man " effect - at last, Man - e - Kin Macabre? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Has anybody actually paid for it?
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
I paid for it when it was due for release a year ago, then hung on for the March release date. I then turned my attention to other things and forgot about it. Unfortunately Little Man no longer has a place in my set and the money could be spent much better elsewhere. Janet was very nice and the refund was swift and, now I'm no longer an punter eager for my effect, I feel very sorry for Janet who's seems to be charged with customer service and damage limitation.

I have seen the new demo though and it's a lot better than the original.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
So are you saying this project isn't canceled, is it still going ahead?
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Yes it's definitely going ahead.
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
I have to say since I saw the latest demo I was tempted to retain my preorder. We now know he doesn't 'step' but it looked good, I just couldn't find a place for it in my set or justify the money I'd spent on something I don't think I could use. I reckon it would be great for table hoping at a wedding or similar function if that's your job.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
"Feets! Don't fail me now!"
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Release is apparently only days away. Looking forward to the reviews.
sieler
View Profile
New user
Cupertino, CA
63 Posts

Profile of sieler
Got an email just now (about 6 PM PDT on 2011-01-06) saying something was being shipped to me, got a tracking number too!
obeytheeye
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of obeytheeye
Wow, Little man coming out after over a year of hype and Duke Nukem in the same year.

Must be a sign of the Apocalypse. (placing hands on temples and concentrating) I predict a dramatic price decrease soon after they get rid of the special boxed edition.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Is there a new demo video?
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Reckon it's got to be nearly 2 years since this was announced for pre-order. As I mentioned earlier I cancelled my pre-order just before Christmas but I really hope for those who retained it that it's a great effect.

Here's a link to the new demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO1VUglNSR4
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
Here's a link to the new demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO1VUglNSR4

Wow... that was truly awful.

If I had any interest before I saw that, I can safely say that I have negative interest now.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
That has to be the worst demo for a trick I have ever seen. Effect looks a bit better though, not much but I tiny bit.
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Come on, that was funny!
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Are they going to lower the price? Because it's priced way too high!
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I think someone mentioned this before. But this new demo looks more like the electronic football games of the 70's than ever before.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Just horrible!
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
I thought the demo was amusing, the blonde spec's reaction seemed a little fake but otherwise it made the most of the effect. I don't think there's anyone who wouldn't agree Little Man hasn't been handled as well as we'd expect but I know intentions were good.

The reviews will tell the truth. I own other effects that look quite average on YoutTube but blow live audiences away. Hopefully for those who've ordered this will tell the same story. Let's just say I'm keeping an open mind.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I find this a peculiar section for this to be discussed and judged. Were I can see performers of the bizarre not liking this, as a childrens effect I think its great. I know the workings of it and I have a similar effect marketed years ago (similar as far as the mechanics) I'll be picking this up to be able to produce a storytelling magic experience for my gran kids rather than a phychic /bizarre presentation. I will however be waiting till its actually on the shelf of the dealers
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Quote:
On 2011-01-09 18:41, takeachance wrote:
I find this a peculiar section for this to be discussed and judged. Were I can see performers of the bizarre not liking this, as a childrens effect I think its great. I know the workings of it and I have a similar effect marketed years ago (similar as far as the mechanics) I'll be picking this up to be able to produce a storytelling magic experience for my gran kids rather than a phychic /bizarre presentation. I will however be waiting till its actually on the shelf of the dealers

I refer you to the title of the thread. However, I too am surprised at the amount of discussion this effect has garnered.
Needless to say, despite my wish to perform a workable version of the Cameron classic, this effect will not be it, unless something remarkable happens between the demos and the final release.
[
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Paul Harris "Little Man " effect - at last, Man - e - Kin Macabre? (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 5.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL