The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Kenner Missing Link Bands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HiveMind
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of HiveMind
I've been looking for the bands that Kenner mentions in his book and I cannot find them. The book was written a while ago, maybe they renamed them?

What bands do you use for this effect?
"Free will is an illusion." - B.F. Skinner
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I've been using a size 19 band for the smaller of the two bands, and a band which is about the same size but a little thicker and which has a different color for the larger of the two.

Both bands comfortably go around my wrist so I'm usually ready to perform Missing Link at a moment's notice. I've also got another size 19 in case I'd rather do CMHC's. Simon Aronson's Ring and Band routine is a fun routine which can be done with a size 19 as well. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of these three routines so far.

The larger bands last for a long time; however, the size 19's wear out rather quickly so I've got one or two in my wallet in case one snaps.
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
I must be the only person on this planet that uses and feels most comfortable with size 33 bands. They last me about 3 weeks each (of almost constant practice).

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
DreamBig
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of DreamBig
Yeah, missing link looks cool with one of those florescent colored thick bands.
Eric Rose
View Profile
Regular user
Franklin, IN
160 Posts

Profile of Eric Rose
I use the #19 bands you can buy in bulk at Staples (3 pounds for a couple bucks). Just as Kenner mentions in his book. For cabaret or standup I use one #19 and one 6" band to improve visibility.
HiveMind
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of HiveMind
The #19s are easy to find, but I can only find 7" bands. Although they work, it just feels like it would be better at 5" or 6"

If there were a Staples around I'd get some from them, but there is only OfficeMax.
"Free will is an illusion." - B.F. Skinner
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Kenner Missing Link Bands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL