We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » About to film do street performance.. advice? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martay
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of martay
I'm about to do a street performance as an advertisement for my iPhone mentalism app Psypic (because my previous ad needs major improvement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmauTfjPorQ).

I'm looking for do's and don't's or other tips, such as if I need people to sign a waiver or anything else for me to show their image on YouTube.
Marty's Magic Tricks for the iPhone. For download/demos/info, click here
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
For your subjects use good-looking young women in scanty/tight clothing who can scream with delight on cue.

Randwill
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3097 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Use 2 cameras, if possible. Allows for editing without losing continuity, or making it look choppy, like you're hiding something.
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Check with your lawyer, but I am quite sure that you will need what is commonly referred to as a "model release" from anyone whose image appears in a photo, film or video that will be "published" and I believe that putting it on a YouTube video constitutes "publication." I'm sure that one of the lawyers on the Café will correct me if I'm wrong.
Dick Christian
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Get yourself a shooting script, model release form and if possible yeah, do a 2 camera shoot. Choose your spectators beforehand and brief them on how you are going to shoot it and get them to sign the release beforehand. When we filmed a special for cable 2 people wandered off while we set up another shot and we had to film a whole segment again as we couldn't use them.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12354 Posts

Profile of John C
Hire Criss Angles' actors. I bet their cheap! Smile

J

PS: Really, way to go and good luck.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1935 Posts

Profile of ted french
Find a very charasmatic performer that viewers will connect with. If you know someone who can do that whether if its you or not have them do it. Theres a reason the big companies use people like Wayne Houchin to perform others effects.
P3
practice practice perform.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » About to film do street performance.. advice? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL