The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fakini vs. generic balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I've seen that some dealers are carrying silicone balls that are not Fakini balls. What do you guys think about the quality? Should I buy the true fakini's? I am asking because I want to buy another set. I already have one set of real fakinis. Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Are you talking about multiplying balls, with a sh--l? If so, check out the sh--l and compare that to the other brand. I think the answer will be clear. Fakini's have a quality sh--l, and the silicone clearly makes for a great grip. But silicone is silicone. If someone else can match the size & colors, they should be equal. But sh--ls are not typically of equal quality. If we are talking about a set of balls with no sh--l, I think a brand other than Fakini will be fine. But if you can afford it, you will never be disapointed with the Fakini.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thanks, Tony. I will get the fakinis to make sure about a good shell.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
The sh**l that comes with some of those silicon balls set are made of plastic and they are very slippery.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5384 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2009-08-31 21:10, JamesTong wrote:
The sh**l that comes with some of those silicon balls set are made of plastic and they are very slippery.

James is absolutely right about this. I have one of the cheaper sets and the sh*** is not just very slippery, it's UNBELIEVABLY slippery. I can barely pick it up with BOTH hands and not have it slip away. I would never want to perform with this. I will get it out every so often to see if I still have problems with it and I always find myself wondering what it could possibly be made from to make it so slippery. It almost seems like they gave it with some ultra slippery coating. It just seems more slippery than anything not intended to be slippery should be. I'd rather do back palms wearing welders gloves than try and perform with it.
Bill
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Its not just the slippery factor, in some of the silicone balls the shell is pretty translucent and if there is a light behind you the spectators can tell something is not right.

All in all I own a set of Fakini's but I prefer wooden balls over any silicone ball.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Where would you guys recommend buying fakini's these days? Thanks.

Jim
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1488 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Denny and Lee in Baltimore (Dennis Haney)
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22858 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You can get Frank Radtke (aka Fakini) Multiplying Balls here as well:
1 5/8th" size: http://stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=10944
1.75" size: http://stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=2522
2" size: http://stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=2525
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thank you!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I purchased all mine from denny and lee. great service.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Just to let you know I saw Frank at the Abbott Get Together and mentioned to him that I still have the set I used for years of theme parks (thousands of shows) and have used for the 30 years since and they are still in excellent condition.

Gil
1bigbuddha
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of 1bigbuddha
When I bought my 1st set I fell for someone elses online advertising and bought them without seeing them or reading any reviews first. They were worthless! As mentioned before you could see through the shells. They were also way too small. Fakini's are definately the way to go!
Vayron
View Profile
Loyal user
Belgium
228 Posts

Profile of Vayron
Do you know if the red balls from the "multipling balls gorilla grip" fit in a fakini 1" 3/4 shell ?

Thanks for your answer
maxzve
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of maxzve
Am I the only one that prefers wooden balls?
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2009-10-16 15:54, maxzve wrote:

There are many others that work with wooden balls too.
maxzve
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of maxzve
Quote:
On 2009-10-17 23:05, JamesTong wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-10-16 15:54, maxzve wrote:

There are many others that work with wooden balls too.

OK. It's not some ascetic protest against fakiniballs but there is some moments where akrylicballs don't work smothely (ball penetrates silk). But on the other hand, fakinis have so much advantages. And on the third hand(?), I want it to feel classic and that the magic depends on me and not on something I have buyed.
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
I have never used Fakini's or even held one before but I do so far prefer wooden balls, for reasons such as silk work, sleeve work and inexpensise non bulky holders. Plus they just sound right, I like that "Clack" sound wooden balls produce when knocked together.

Wooden German Balls are hard to find.

I broke my shell a few weeks ago and am still depressed about it.

:(
maxzve
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of maxzve
That was nice to hear Christopher (not that you broke the shell of course). German wooden balls you can find here
http://www.ustmagic.com/cgi-bin/ustmagic......=1&qty=1
ibai
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ibai
Halo everybody! î have a big problem with my fakini balls. I have lost the sh..l from my set and since few weeks trying to find a place to get a new one. unfortunately none of the magic shops wants to sell me only the sh..l.does somebody knows where to get it???? I'm looking for a white 1 3/4 sh..l thanx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fakini vs. generic balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL