The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fakini vs. generic balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
858 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
You can buy just a Fakini shell from Denny & Lee.

Lou
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5171 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
You can also contact Frank directly. I have had shells replaced several times at no cost. He's a great guy. Unfortunately, in case you hadn't heard, Frank is in the hospital and has been diagnosed with terminal cancer so now wouldn't necessarily be a good time to try and get in touch with him.
Where the magic begins
ibai
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ibai
Thank you guys!i wrote to dany as well.he answered telling me about the frank's problems and that maybe it will be end of fakini balls.i didn`t know he was so bad.let's hope he`ll be fine.
do you have any other ideas how to get it???
dominik
hbaum
View Profile
New user
Grandpa Fakini
2 Posts

Profile of hbaum
Fakini is still the best way to get a shell.Unfortunetly he will not be fine. He is surrounded by family as he passes.
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
I regret that I have been informed that my friend Frank "Fakini" Radtke passed away today. He was a very kind man and as a magician I think that he made a huge material contribution to the Art of manipulative magic. May god rest his soul.

Levent
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
He has left a legacy.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
A Foxx in Her Soxx has...
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
I am so sorry to hear of his passing; I bought a set of billiard balls from him a year ago and we did the entire transaction over the phone. He was very kind and helpful; he even included a color change ball for free. I created a routine with those balls that I used in my very first stage performance last May. I talked with him about it in August at Abbott's Magic Get Together; I'm so glad I was able to thank him for his generosity and assistance... he helped give me my first performance, and I'm sure many others as well. What a gift Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22858 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sorry to hear this passing, he was a very nice man, I visited him at Abbott's Get-together, as he was there every year with his dealer display. He did provide unique new equipment to the magic society, that was a totally new invention at the time.

I know he got his idea of making from his regular job that used the same material for manufacturing.

Now get all the balls, eggs, thimbles you may need, as the future of these excellent products are now uncertain. He also made a beautiful Color Changing Plumes effect with stand. All the materials were unique to the manufacture of the item.

I only hope if someone is lucky enough to purchase the business or maybe someone in his family can take over the process, it continues. So many times the next person does not follow through and the product is lost forever.

A person bought the rights to P&L products and it only lasted about a year. They gave up. Another dealer purchased the Repro Magic Products (who had the Harry Stanley Unique Magic Studio products) and when I contacted him he said he as no plans to continue any of the products. The Russ Walsh items of Vanishing and Appearing Canes were purchased and the person sold off the last supplies and never heard of again. The Weller Egg was purchased and the new owner made them until his death, but noone has stepped up and continued this very needed product.
There are a lot of others, and it is a shame that all these items are gone.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
It is really sad to hear about Fakini's passing. We will all miss him. And I sincerely wish that his legacy, perhaps through his family, would continue. His products had made a huge difference in many magicians' acts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fakini vs. generic balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL