The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Replacing candle wicks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
I'm wondering how others replace wicks in candles? I'm having some difficulty with that with Fantasios...and it's especially difficult w/ the mult candles. Anyone have any tips or advice??

Thanks guys.
B
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Pull wool batten out of bottom of reservoir, remove plug if there is one...my Fantasio's don't have a plug, push new lighter/fluid candle wick up thru the reservoir and metal wick collar, cut wick to length and coil some reserve wick into the reservoir, replace wool batten and plug...if there is a plug. Done! (If you have trouble getting the new wick thru the collar, tie a thread to the wick and pass thread thru the collar from the inside and pull wick thru.)
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22858 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
BriansMagic,

Go here: http://www.fantasio.com/home.html click on helpful tips. All is explained with pictures. If you speak Spanish there is a section for Spanish speaking magicians.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
If you can find them, some cigarette lighter wicks come with a fine wire attached to one end. It makes threading the proverbial eye of the needle a lot easier.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
Thanks guys! Great tips -- I'm a little embarrassed I didn't think of it on my own...

Ok, now does anybody know about mult candles? The cheap ones from India or wherever -- the ones that are mostly readily available.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22858 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The only multiplying candles that you should by is Tim Starr's. He makes them in 4 with a different working or the classic nesting 8 set.

4 set here: http://stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=8488
Nesting set here: http://creationsbystar.com/page6multiplaying.html

If you want cheap, get the ones from South America, made just like the Morgan Nesting candles. These are only imported from a California Wholesaler, Magic City. I would suggest you contact them and see who they sell to or get them from your favorite dealer.

All candles from India are junk!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Replacing candle wicks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL