The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Einhorn's Practical Encyclopedia of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

peterdgr8
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of peterdgr8
I found this book in the 'bargain' bin at Border's in New York and I have to say this has to be one of the finest (and perhaps most underrated) books I've ever seen for beginners. It's large, well-prodced, well written, wonderfully illustrated and covers most of your basic sleights in cards, coins and paper money, mentalism, cups and balls, rope, matches, thimbles, silk and other objects leaving the reader ready to move on to more sophisticated books and collections like Giobbi's fabulous Card College series and tomes by Ortiz, Jennings, Dingle and others.

It starts with a nice brief history then goes on to the first section on cards. The effects as you might suspect are CLASSIC and nearly universally acclaimed by all. Plus there's tons of practical advice on the performance of all the effects.

My conclusion is this might be one of the best introductory books on Magic ever made. Publisher is Hermes House in the U.K.

Just curious if anyone else has run across this most unusually well done book.
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I've had this for a few years, and it is a first class book that is rarely mentioned. Can be had from a Bargain Section at Barnes and Noble or Borders quite often. The photos in it are wonderful, and the paper high-quality. I echo your comments on the book, and have given it to 3 different young people interested in magic. He also has a second book on Illusions, but it is not quite as good a book as this one in breadth fo beginners.

John
rjthomp
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena
194 Posts

Profile of rjthomp
I also found this to be a great, and often overlooked book...
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Another vote for this book. I have taken multiple items from the book, changed the patter for my audience, and voila! Another world class miracle LOL! This book truly has been overlooked!

Regards,

Barrett James
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2495 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I see it on eBay a lot.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Got one from Borders last year for $5. Nice book,good deal.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Einhorn's Practical Encyclopedia of Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL