The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Size of Fakini Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Hello everybody,

Could anybody give me a list of the different sizes of the Fakini multiplying balls (from small to large) please ?

What's the differents between the multiplying balls and the tournament balls ?

Thank you for your help.

Oliver.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
The sizes that are commonly sold are - 1 3/4 inch, 2 inches and the latest size sold by Stevens Magic is 1 1/2 inch. There are bigger sizes like 2 1/4 inch sold too but you may have to order direct.

The multiplying balls and the multiplying tournament balls are the same unless it is stated as multiplying golf balls (1 1/2 inch in size)

Hope this helps.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
A good source for the Fakini balls is Denny and Lee Magic Studio
http://www.dennymagic.com/
----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I know he makes a 2 1/8 inch size as well. Also, the balls that are exclusive with Stevens magic are 1 5/8, not 1 1/2.

Denny does seem to typically carry the widest selection of colors and sizes.

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=10943
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, videoman, for correcting my mistake. I quoted 1 1/2 inch and it should be 1 5/8 inch.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I tend to start off with the 1 3/4 size as it works very nice for me and is a great way to learn the basic moves without getting frustrated. I would also start with just getting 1 3/4 inch bouncy balls and working with them. this way the cost is low and you can learn and decide if fakinis are the right step up for you. If you are performing a lto in larger venues, then the 2 inch works well for audiences to be able to see better. Hope this helps.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
A Foxx in Her Soxx has...
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
I also use the 1 3/4 inch Fakinis, and they're perfect for me. Mine are white, and for whatever reason they look huge in my hand when I'm performing. Not sure if it's because my hands are small, and they just look large in contrast, but they appear much bigger than they are. I love them though; so much fun to work with, so many things you can do with them, and Frank is the nicest guy to do business with.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Thanks to all of your replies.
I've already trained myself for a few month with simple 1 3/4 bouncing balls and have tested to keep 4 of them in my hand as the final presentation of an act, but I'm having trouble to keep them between my fingers in a nice way. They're easily slipping off. So I think they're to large for my small hands. My wedding ring is aswell disturbing the fluent moves. Maybe I should devorce (lol).
Seriously, what could be the problem, except for the ring ?
Are the 1 5/8 Fakini balls smaller than the 1 3/4 ones ?

Thank you again for your help.

Oliver.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
1 3/4 = 1 6/8 which is bigger than 1 5/8.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
It takes strength that you probably wouldn't have just getting started to keep the balls in your fingers. I dropped them a lot when I first was working with them as well. The nice thing about Fakinis is they give a little when you squeeze them. An exercise one of my friends showed me was to put one ball between your thumb and forefinger and squeeze while counting to ten. Then take the ball and put it between your forefinger and middle finger and squeeze while you count to ten. Keep going in this way until you've gone all the way to your pinkie (little) finger. Make sure you keep your fingers straight while squeezing, and you will build up a lot of strength in your fingers, which will help a lot with any routine.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Thank you Frank for helping calculate this, I was never good in math, specially in a foreign language.
Thanks for your exercise suggestion SilverFoxx. I'll try them out.
Here are more details cocerning my problem holding four balls at the same time. To me it looks ackward and crispe, because you can clearly see the tendons (3) on the back of my hand, as if I was trying to spread the fingers too much.
The second problem with larger balls is the classic palm. It seems that I have angle problems with the 1 3/4 sized balls.
I might check on my McBride Manipulation videos where and how exactly the balls are held (between the fingers in their "middle", or more by the fingertips).

Oliver.
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
I end up holding them slightly over each other actually... not right next to each other. So for example, if you hold your index and middle finger like a peace sign and then lower your index finger (but still keep it straight) the ball would sit between the first and second joint of your index finger and be kept in place by the pad of the middle finger tip. When you have all four balls in place, your fingers will be fanned out more like you're making the "o.k." sign, and instead of making an "o" shape with your index finger and thumb, you're holding a ball there.

If you call Frank Radke (Fakini) and tell him your concerns, he'll be able to fit you to the right size ball. He's very good at that.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
SilverFoxx,

Thank you very much for your hint concerning the hold of the 4 balls. I think if I train myself a little bit more I might be able to use the 2" balls. It still hurts a bit, but stretching the hand with exercises will help.

Oliver.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Size of Fakini Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL