The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Arabian Tent Illusion Height Question.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jgoldsney
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of jgoldsney
I am doing a show for a western themed event. I performed for them last year as a medicine show pitch man. The show went over great and I have been asked to do another show this year.

This year I have quit the medicine show and am looking for another career. First attempt will be as a carpenter.I am going to try the Arabian Tent illusion from Mark Wilson's book and would like to produce my son. (a number of his friends are going to be there)

He is 5 years old but a short 5, he oculd stand up in the cmpleted "tent" and no one would be able see him. For this reason I was considering cutting down the illusion so that it is not quite as tall. Mark Wilson has the total height floor to peak as 46 inches, I am thinking of knocking that down to 36-38 inches. Anyone see any pottential issues with this.
-----------------------

There are 10 types of people in the world...Those who understand Binary and those who don't Smile
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
NO. It should not make a difference. Good luck.
jgoldsney
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of jgoldsney
Thanks....I think I will start with 6" and see how it goes.
-----------------------

There are 10 types of people in the world...Those who understand Binary and those who don't Smile
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Won't make a difference at all.. Just make sure you set your illusion on stage and have someone else perform the illusion while you check the left and right sightlines. From the audiences perspective, of acourse. Then set marker tape on the stage. That insures that your illusion is same spot as in rehearsal. Good luck!
jgoldsney
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of jgoldsney
Thanks that is a great idea.....It is going to be in a busking type setup however there will be a couple of "deputies" doing crowd control and they have already assured me that they will keep everyone in their place.

(Last year was a bit of a debacle....I was almost surounded even though I kept directing people around to the front I had T&R newspaper as my closer....talk about tough angles)
:D
-----------------------

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Arabian Tent Illusion Height Question.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL