The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Box Killer by Doug Brewer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1683 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Thought I'd let everyone know about Doug Brewer' newest release.Coin Box Killers (Stand-up routines for the coin worker's favorite prop) is the full title.

I Just received this book the other day. So, I haven't had the chance to work all the way through it. But what I have read,i'm really enjoying. Those of you that enjoy coin box work, get in touch with Doug and check this out.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Coming from Doug, I know it's going to be killer. I'll have to look into it!!!!
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I found a copy waiting for me a couple days ago. I can't wait to delve in.

Doug's a real worker and publishes stuff that works.
I don't see this all the time. I've certainly read routines from others
that were so sketchy I was darn sure they'd never been used.

Not so with Doug's material.
I loved his first book (Unexpected Visitor) and I'm sure this will be great too.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
I have had a look at this, and the material is right up to the standard of Doug set in Unexpected Visitor. I don't know how much of an endorsement this is, but I was showing some of the routines around and now, the new "Fidgity Coin/Okito Cheat-o" combo is the favorite coin routine of one of the local magicians. I don't mean he likes to perform it, he just keeps asking me to show it to people.

There's solid commercial stuff that you can use in a table hopping situation, there's "creative challenge" stuff that breaks new ground, (i.e. the "progressive coins through table") and there's professional advice where Doug convinces you (well, he convinced me) that the trick you really want to do for laymen is the one where the coin box penetrates your hand. None of the material requires lapping, topiting or angly stuff that only fools some of the people some of the time.

Plus, if there's a routine that's new and untested, Doug tells you that. If it's a staple in his working sets, but he's still tweaking, he tells you that, too. The vast majority of the material has been audience-tested, and he makes sure you know when there's still work to be done.

Oh, and the artwork is really cool. Killer theme.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4155 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Doug will be presenting at the upcoming New York Coin Magic Seminar 7, soyou casn see him do this stuff in person!!
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
acuster
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of acuster
This sounds great...I'd love to break away from the table with a coin box. I just went to Doug Brewer's site but don't see it up yet. I'll just shoot him an email through the website.

Thanks for the heads up!

andy
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Got mine last weekend. Marvelous book! Doug's routines will add greatly to my Okito-box work. I love that he chose to do this as a book instead of a DVD. The spiral binding makes it a fantastic tool to sit and learn with.

dsalley13
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1683 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Anyone else enjoying this book? My first thought was that my fvorite routine was going to be Okito Cheat-o by Syd Segal (thought he was a card guy), But as of right now I'm having lots of fun with Brass Trio.

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I'm heading to Florida (Ft. Lauderdale) for 3 weeks on business and plan on getting good at a couple of the items in the book. It's coming with me.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
368 Posts

Profile of David French
How can we get it?

Not on his site yet.

thanks,

David
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
David,

Send Doug an e-mail. That's how I got my copy and he will sign them too. He also has a few other books available. "The Unexpected Visitor" is wonderful. I'd recommend getting it along with the Okito Box Killers book. The best $30.00 (for both) that I've spent this year. Both books offer a wealth of fine magic. He charges way too little for his books. (Shhhhhhhh!)

Here's a link (use a capital "V" for the Professor's last name and use his last name only. This will get you into the products for sale pages)

http://jazzmagic.home.att.net/

Here's his e-mail addy:

jazzmagic@att.net

Good luck,

dsalley13
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1277 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
I agree, "The Unexpected Visitor" is excellent. A very under-rated book IMHO.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
You know after all I have read about doug's coin magic I never have gotten Unexpected Visitor, I really need to add it on the list. iv been behind this year still failing to get the last palms of steel.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1880 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Received the book. I give it very high marks for originality. The illustrations are clear, and the thinking behind the routines is unique. I will be using a few of these routines in my professional act
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2009-09-09 23:03, mystre71 wrote:
Anyone else enjoying this book? My first thought was that my fvorite routine was going to be Okito Cheat-o by Syd Segal (thought he was a card guy), But as of right now I'm having lots of fun with Brass Trio.

Joe

Hey Joe, at one point in time (very early on), I did coin stuff too Smile

The booklet itself is very well produced and filled with great ideas and routines. I recommend it to anyone looking add something "different" to their performances.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1683 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Quote:
On 2009-09-13 17:00, S.Segal wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-09-09 23:03, mystre71 wrote:

Joe

Hey Joe, at one point in time (very early on), I did coin stuff too Smile

The booklet itself is very well produced and filled with great ideas and routines. I recommend it to anyone looking add something "different" to their performances.

S.Segal

Hi Syd, would love to see more coin work from you. I'm with you on adding something differnt. you don't see a lot of coin box work being done today. But, I'm sure Doug's book will help change that.

Best,
Joe
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1140 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Thanks for all the nice comments. I want to add that Syd does a lot of original and unique card and coin work and I was really glad he allowed me to include the Okit-O, Cheat-O routine. It fits perfectly with a prequel routine of mine (also in the book) based on Fidget, from TUV dvd, vol 2. Curtis Kam counted this combination as one of his favorites in the book, and I consider his opinion highly. I hope Syd releases more of his coin work in the future.
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
835 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
I'm really having a blast playing with "Fidget Simplified" and "Okit-O, Cheat-O" too. Although, I haven't played with any of the other routines yet (which I do plan to) another favorite is "The Flying Stupendas", which was a favorite of mine from TUV Vol 2 DVD. Great stuff as always Doug!

-Bill
CitinoMAGIC: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS eBook - AVAILABLE NOW!
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1880 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Here's what I like most...

NO harata moogashi pinch palms with a twist...

just a clever use of some good ol' fashioned sleights. You gotta give props to a guy who proudly uses ideas from Bobo in this day and age.

solid stuff
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1140 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Just to let you know my website has been updated to include this product for those who may have been waiting for a more direct link for paypal . . .

As a side note, I'll be working the Castle this weekend (at the WC Fields Bar) and will demonstrate a number of these routines periodically throughout the two nights. Cheers!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Box Killer by Doug Brewer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL