The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Bell Idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
What if you had a small bell that you can hang from a metal hanger and everything was examinable before and after the effect? Do you own iThread or the new Deck TR? You see where I am going with this? Would this work?

Let me know if you have the iThread or Deck TR and if you can try this out.

Thanks,

Jamie Salinas
Jamie Salinas
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
You can just use a glass, a piece of cotton thread and a pencil. It's fully explained in (for example) "Magic and Showmanship" and "Amateur Magician's Handbook" (4th edn).

Barry
fraughton
View Profile
Veteran user
of books
327 Posts

Profile of fraughton
Barry and Jamie, I'd add a small amount of crushed violin rosin to the mix (of Barry's idea). It helps a lot in creating this very mystifying effect.
Beware of this and that.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Something I'm working on at the moment,involves a special type of bell - and the ideomotor response...very creepy when it works...
I've asked to be banned
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
OK you guys are missing my point...I am talking about a no hands spirit bell. A small brass bell hung on a hook where everything can be examined before and after using an iThread or Deck TR as the triggering device. This is what I want to know. Does anyone in this group own an iThread or Deck TR?

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Visualize the Dead Ringer look but using an iThread or Deck TR to make the bell ring. You would "hook up" your iThread or Deck TR to trigger the ringing.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I'm confused, isn't iThread about $349 and a Dead Ringer spirit bell from Tim only $299? Even if you bought a Deck TR (which I had to look up to see what the heck it was) that will still set you back $199, plus you would need to buy a toe switch for it to operate hands free.

I don't own either of those items, but I don't see why you couldn't use them. Just a strange way to go about it in my opinon.

Good luck!

Luke
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Well I mostly perform straight magic and not bizarre magic...wait that sounds funny. I perform haunted magic the entire month of October in my theatrical seances. It would allow me to use the trigger device for other things as well. I would not just be limited to a ringing bell. Does that make sense?

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Shield has a valid point. If you are looking to use thread work, regular thread and sleight of hand can accomplish the effect.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Bell Idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL