We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mark Wilson Course (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1608 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
In Hong Kong, I saw in one bookstore only and cost me about US$25! Do you think it is still worth to have it?
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Marcelo
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Marcelo
That deppends on what you already have and what you want. If you don't have any magic books, i think it worth. If you have some card books and are more interested in cards, you shouldnt buy. If you love magic in general and want to taste every part of magic, then you should buy. And if you are an hopeless book collector like me, this should be in your library. Smile
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
Just bought it! Thank you Amazon.com!
kull_spider
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
115 Posts

Profile of kull_spider
Is Greg Wilson Mark Wilson's son? Smile

Great book by the way. The instructions are extremely easy to follow.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Yes and no.
Smile

0pus
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Mark has a son, Greg Wilson. This Greg Wilson is not the same Greg Wilson that is known for the "Card Stunts," "On The Spot" videos and Hundy 500, but a different Greg Wilson.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
kull_spider
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
115 Posts

Profile of kull_spider
So who is this 'other' Greg Wilson? Does he has any stuff released?

By the way, would you guys recommend getting Mark's Cyclopedia after I have read this Course? Is the material similar?

P/s:This is the first magic book that I have bought, and when I look at some of the junk that has piled up in my drawer, I am wondering why I didn'nt get books earlier. So many effects for a measly price! Though the card effects may not be miracles, the impromptu stuff is amazing!
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
1. I do not believe that Mark Wilson's son Greg has released any material.

2. I think that the Course contains all of the material in the Cyclopedia (and more).

3. Good books are almost invariably the better value for the money (better, usually, than tricks and much better than bad books Smile .

0pus
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Individually marketed effects are really just instruction sheets along with a gimmick that you could have probably made yourself for cheaper had you known the method beforehand. A book is like a huge menu of those instruction sheets for about the same price. If you look at it this way, you see why books are such an obvious better value.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
449 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Mark Wilson's Cyclopedia is just a shorter version of the Course, I think -- if you have the Course, you don't need the Cyclopedia. And the small softcover copy of the Cyclopedia I have has such small print and illustrations that I have trouble making them out -- maybe younger eyes could do better.
-- Hushai
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mark Wilson Course (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL