We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fruitfull? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Any feedback on this new signed bill to any fruit ,the demo looks good so I have gone out on a limb and pre ordered it,for now I .wait
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
No news yet. I was hoping to get one and provide a full review but no word to date.

Mike Smile
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
As with of Juan Pablo's work this is great. It is an extremely practical, strong, and clever method for a classic effect. You can't go wrong with this. It is very reasonably priced as it includes the DVD and all necessary gimmicks. This is a real work horse.

Tim Trono
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1419 Posts

Profile of stempleton
There was a recent thread removed, appropriately I believe, of a discussion of this effect and the reactions from many "magicians" who felt this was a high price for what was, even in my limited experience, a relatively obvious method. That aside, if you feel this effect warrants the price and you cannot develop a method on your own,I say go for it. The overall experience of the spectators I'm sure is fantastic. I do look forward to a real life review.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
There's a review in one of the magic magazines.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
90 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Hi!
Just today we are sending the very first FRUITFULL from Argentina and they will be available on one more week at your favourite dealer.
We only sent samples for a very few distributors.
Please, wait and then post your opinions.
Watch a demo at:
http://www.bazardemagia.com/home.php?p=p......lang=eng

Quique Marduk
Bazar de Magia
ARGENTINA
I'am a proffesional magician and lecturer
microastro
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of microastro
Video looks good.... The method looks obvious if you know what to look for when folding the bill. A little expensive I must say, but I ordered one anyway just to see if I was on track.

I will post a review when I receive mine. $$$$$$$$
microastro
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1128 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
I too will be posting a review shortly!
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
If the knife was any bigger it would be a machete.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
A review will be coming from me too!

Mike Smile
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
Choosing the tomato from the bottle of the pile would have been a great distraction....you could have used a shovel to put it in.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
For some reason the video stops 1/3 of the way through for me.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
426 Posts

Profile of daver
What do you mean "put it in???" Isn't it already in there when he cuts it open???? ;-)
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1234 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
I think is a good effect, but...
...Seems to used a well know bill switch technique.
...Looks like a obvious insert method.
... A little expensive.

I would like to know more what justifies the price.

So instead of just guess, a serious review is needed.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Love the script.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Mine arrived today. I have always wanted to do a "bill in something" but never cared for the setup and methods out there.

This is really well worked out. No un-natural moves, everything is covered and as my old friend "Buma" used to say, "It's as easy to do as drinking water."

Props are really well made and worth the costs. DVD is easy to follow and I bet I could have fiddled with it for half an hour and put it right into a show.

All that is needed, once you get the handling down, is to develop the timing and bits of business and any gags.

I give it 5 Rabbits (high marks). Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1128 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
I recieved my package yesterday and I can can say is WOW!

I can not give an accurate review as I have not yet performed it (YET), but I have been playing with it all day. It is EXACTLY as described: You borrow a SIGNED bill and it vanishes, appearing moments later in a selected piece of fruit/vegetable/almost anything you can imagine!

The delivery system is fail proof. It is "almost" self working, giving you freedom to concentrate on your performance.

Brillant, and clever! I will post a follow up once I have used it in performances!
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I must agree with both Pete and Restaurantmagician. When I first opened the package I immediately said, "Ok,this is what I thought." And then... I watched the video. Pretty cool stuff here. I'll have a more detailed review for you soon.

Mike Smile
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3401 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Sounding good! I'll probably still use my traditional method with Malloy's version but this gives the opportunity by the sounds of it to extend to a different method for a double bill vanish.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Hi!

Ok, I played around with this and I'm a fan. Here's my review.

REVIEW:

I just received Fruitless. Like many of you I was extremely skeptical of this effect. In fact, I commented, "Can this be done by simply using double sided sticky tape?" The answer is NO.

So here we go. Let's start with the DVD.

DVD

It comes in three languages English, Spanish, and Japanese. Like all of Juan's teaching it is very simple to follow. He breaks into three sections. Performance, Explanation, Bonus feature. The bonus feature is just a live performance of this effect.

The DVD is short but tells you everything you need to know.

The Knife

Ok it's big. From the tip of the blade to the end of the handle it measures just over 11 1/2 inches long. The blade is approximately 6 1/2 inches long and 1 1/4inch wide. The quality is VERY nice. Stainless steal with black handle. It also includes a gimmick to help perform the trick. Should last a lifetime.

The knife Sleeve

Yes, this is important because it is also gimmicked and helps makes this effect smooth. It's made out of high quality black leather. Should last a lifetime.

The Effect:

Does exactly what it says. Any signed bill to any freely selected fruit! This is simple to perform. The video we all saw Juan perform doesn't really give it justice. With just a few moments playing with this I was able to make the dollar vanish (no secret how this is done) pick up the knife in its leather sleeve, pull the knife out, while easily ditching the gimmick that makes the dollar disappear(thanks to the leather sleeve) and setting the dollar in place to perform the trick. When Juan performed it many thought there was too much fumbling. Well, after 2 minutes I did everything in one smooth movement. ZERO fumbling. The only legit criticism one could have is the size of the knife.

Cutting the fruit and making the dollar appear inside is very easy.

Angles:

Like many effects angles will be an issue. Spectators should stand in front of you. The closer the knife is to you the better you will be with angles. This is where the size of the knife is a plus! Because of its size you have better control of any angle issues.

Spectator reactions:

I cannot comment on this yet as I have not performed this live. I can say that if practiced just a little bit you should not have any suspicion as to fumbling with the knife. This is due to the careful thinking in its design from the knife to the sleeve. It should be as smooth as it would be if you were to just pull the knife out of it's sleeve.

My rating:

I really like this. Simple, easy to learn, does exactly what it says it does, hardly any slight of hand, high quality, and well thought out. This will be part of my show.

Will you like it?

The only good reason not to like this is if you don't like the knife. If the knife doesn't bother you and you like the idea of any signed bill to any freely selected fruit with NO pre-show work or set up required then this is for you. The effect is much smoother than one might think.

Feel free to pm me for any additional info.

Mike Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fruitfull? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL