We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fruitfull? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
647 Posts

Profile of revmike
OK - Now I am hoping mine comes soon so I can play with it.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Magicians think too much about certain things. An audience will not think about the size of the knife. It's much like the knife I use every day in our kitchen to slice meat, cheese and tomatoes.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
One other that I got along with Fruitful, is a "comedy funnel." This may seem like a common old item, but Bazaar has come up with a greatly improved version. It has a very clever ON/OFF valve system. The water flows when you want it too, and stops when you wish. Then re-starts, etc. Easy to load and made in plastic, very deceptive. Can be used with my "Plumber's Poles" to add a water finish.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive,thanks for all the reviews guys .
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
465 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
I trust mr Biro on this one.

Håkan
:wavey:
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1128 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
One thing I wish to clear up is the sleeve. I had a few people ask, and yes the sleeve can remain is full view. There is nothing out of the ordinary. the sleeve can be handled just like any other.

I tried this last night with some friends. I did not have a working surface per se', so I actually had someone make a hook with their finger and had them hold the knife. It made it actually kind of a comedy hands on routine.

At the end, they really enjoyed it a lot as well as I. It's a nice prop that does what it says.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1419 Posts

Profile of stempleton
"does what it says."

Here's my question, folks. At this price tag, can the same effect not be accomplished with my WalMart knife, the old "magician's friend," and some of that double sticky tape? I guess what I'm asking is, what is this product's "unique selling proposition?" The audience sees basically the same thing I can do with these mentioned items. What is it about this product that would compel me to invest $70? I've watched the demo vid over and over, and I'm just not there yet.

Thanks for any comments.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I don't know the full method but with double stick tape, where is the tape going to be guaranteed to end up?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
^^^ good point!

What you're getting here is a very good quality knife, quality leather sleeve, another gimmick most of us already have and a method to combine all three gimmicks in one smooth move to produce a signed dollar bill in any freely selected fruit. No fumbling and hands left clean after the knife leaves the sleeve.

I do not believe this is possible with your walmart knife, magicians friend and double sticky tape. The price may seem high but the quality of everything is top notch. This is a good effect for those wanting minimal slight of hand to produce a signed bill to any fruit with zero set up or pre show work. When you reveal the dollar in the fruit you can lay the knife on the table face down andvthe gimmick will be hidden. Can be instantly repeated if you wanted too.

Hope that helps. Smile
Davidicus
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1128 Posts

Profile of Davidicus
The knife itself has a retail of $30-$50 (I checked Smile ). Add the gimmick and the custom sheath, and I would say $70 is reasonable...
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3401 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I've ordered it and am hopeing it gives me another method/layer for my routine.
Kakuna
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Kakuna
I think that this is a great addition to the plot, but the method seems obvious to me.
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
465 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Got it today (fast shipping!), and I think it´s great. Nothing earth-shattering methodwise, but it is a good quality prop and it works smoothly. Maybe not the best method for buskers, but it should be very good in most other circumstances.

Håkan
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
244 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
Any restrictions on the size of notes it will handle? I bought a similar knife a few years ago and it doesn't handle UK currency as well as it does US because UK bills tend to be larger.
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
962 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Anybody know if its okay with plastic money?

Aussie/New Zealand etc
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
465 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Martin, I think I know what knife you got earlier. This is not the same method. I don´t have any british money at home right now to try, but they would have to be quite large not to work with the knife. Why not check with Bazar de Magia?

Håkan
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
90 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Dear friends:
The system allows you to perform the effect with any size of bill, even the largest UK bills, and it can also works with plastic bills.
Marduk
I'am a proffesional magician and lecturer
willsy
View Profile
New user
Australia
7 Posts

Profile of willsy
Has anyone overseas, particularly Australia ordered this ? Wondering if anyone has had any issue with a knife being sent in mail system. Having said that, it's not an illegal weapon and just an object that can be brought at any store but just wondering if anyone has had a problem.
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
90 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Hi!
The knife is actually a kitchen knife and it is sent very well packed into the leather sheath and wrapped.
I´m sure you will have no problem at the customs office.
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
90 Posts

Profile of Marduk
You can also ask to Phill Cass. We sold tricked scissors to him several times and he had no problem receiveing them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fruitfull? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL