We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fruitfull? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
753 Posts

Profile of roblane
I just HAVE to get this! I perform most of my magic in the butchers that I own, so using a big knife to cut open fruit ( some of which we sell) or maybe a joint(?) would be acceptable, logical & unique.
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
465 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Yesterday I used this for the first time at a gig, for a group of engineers. It worked very well, and they loved it. Until now I have used Manuel Muertes´ version from the brilliant DVD "Done by misdirection". A very good B.I.L. routine, but for me - Fruitfull is the way to go.

Håkan
:wavey:
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1419 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I was part of a festival this weekend and except for me, every adult performer I believe presented a bill in lemon. Do you feel this effect is overdone? Or did I just receive a concentrated (no pun intended, but hey, I LIKE it!) dose of prestidigitation, where the odds of seeing this effect were skewed? Also saw three linking ring routines (I myself performed linking ropes)and an overdose of cups and balls ranging from excellent to hopeless.

I guess what I'm asking is, is this bill-in-fruit routine overdone in a heavily saturated magic market, is it a "right of passage," or has something recently spurred a resurgence of interest in this effect? By the way, in every routine, the method was the same as is obvious in "Fruitfull."
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
647 Posts

Profile of revmike
Still waiting...........for mine to come from Hank Lee - should have ordered it directly I guess.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Quote:
On 2009-09-21 11:08, Hawkan wrote:
Maybe not the best method for buskers, but it should be very good in most other circumstances.

Håkan

Performing with knives on the street? That would surely create unwanted hassle regardless of its size.

I'm not too sure about the US, but since the knife looks like a normal kitchen knife (I don't have the trick so it may well be a normal kitchen knife) that's got to be attracting attention from police that you really don't want during your street act.

Slightly off point, but just felt I needed to mention it.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
465 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Roslyn: in Sweden there is no problem with this. And we have a "Knife law", it´s illegal carrying a knife in public places. Unless you have a good reason to. Examples of that is if you are a carpenter, you´re fishing or maybe you need it for a Bill to lemon trick if you´re a street performer. The police officers here aren´t dumb, they can assess(?) if it´s reasonable that a person carries a knife, how big is the risk that they´re gonna use it to hurt someone with it? What is the PURPOSE of carrying a knife? Is this magician gonna go berzerk with that knife? Is he gonna rob someone after the show? Will he threaten the whole audience with it to get a good hat?

If you wanna perform this trick in the streets, come to Sweden.

Håkan
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
684 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Thanks for the information and review, I'm interesting with this product.....
it looks worth it with the price....
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
465 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Stempleton, what is REALLY bothering you? Smile

Håkan
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3401 Posts

Profile of takeachance
OK, just received this and I actually like the simpility of it. The quality of the knife isn't bad at all. After the disappearance of the signed bill, I found the load very easy and natural as you remove the knife from the shief. Also the loading of the bill to an orange was easy and natural as well. The knife is a common looking kitchen knife and when I cut an orange in my hand I will often start the cut at the rear of the knife for safety. All the movements were very natural. I'm of the same opinion as Hawkan, here in Oz, the police would evaluate the performance situation so the knife isn't any more a problem than a pocket knife would be. If you had gang tattoos and were carrying it in a public area and not performing I'm sure they would then want to know why you have it.
I will still use other methods but this gives me the opportunity to change methods and not have to prepare fruit before hand. What can I say, I like it
Price wise, if you think its expensive I'm sure some will come up in the 4 sale section (not mine)that you will get a break on the cost. I got mine at MJM at a great price. If you are umming and ahhhing about it don't get it, stick to the usual method on many DVD's', but if you want a variation and like this trick then IMHO its worth whats being asked
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
It was worth the $52.00 (Madhatter Magic). The knife is worth that alone.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
647 Posts

Profile of revmike
Finally received mine - As others have commented, nothing earthshattering, but it is simple, direct, and highly visual magic. I like it and will definitely use it after just a little practice to make sure everything is perfectly smooth and natural.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
The video is straightforward enough, the handling looks nice and natural, however there is one part I find sort of off putting with this effect and that is the bill is just laying inside the cut, doesn't seem like it's been sitting inside a piece of fruit and I prefer the bill to be sticking out of the fruit.

This does look interesting though.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2732 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On 2009-09-29 10:15, Hawkan wrote:
Stempleton, what is REALLY bothering you? Smile

Håkan

Well, I had the same response to the demo as Stempleton. In fact, based upon the handling I saw in the demo, I didn't think it would even need the tape!

But to your comment. Although I like the products put out by this company, and don't think there is any reason to complain about them, I think it is reasonable for people to voice a balancing opinion. I think it is good for people to hear more than just the "fan-fare". Hence, I appreciated Stempleton voicing his thoughts, and would immagine that there are many others who feel similarly, but don't tend to make a post.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Finally came in the mail,I totally agree with Mike Storz's review .
The knife and sheath are built to last a life time,I can't wait to perform it on Melbourne Cup day,I'll post on the reactions after the show ,untill then looks like a lot of fruit salad will be getting eatin .
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I almost spend my saving to buy this trick because the shop here said, everything is easy to do, the gimmick will be your greatest assistant. Then I stumbled on a very big question, what happen if I can't do sleight of hand? How can I make the bill vanish then? Does it require certain skills of sleight of hand? Then this trick is only suitable for people with expert skill of sleight of hand? Any help?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Christopher Rinaldi
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Christopher Rinaldi
Might be a good idea to practice sleight of hand, you never know when some skills like that will be needed.

As it is though, there doesn't look to be sleight of hand in the demo video...
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Failed Magician... you should think positive. And your name with "failed" in it should be changed for a start.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1234 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Question for owners of this effect:

Do yo see a problem to manipulate the knife with the left hand?

I´m want to know if there are some restrictions or angle limitations, I´m lefty.

Thanks!
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Looking at the demo, I don't think it would be a problem for a lefty. I don't have this but I got the idea of this thing works. However, to be sure just ask some of the guys here who already bought it. I think this is an awesome trick especially if you are a street magician or on stage.

As to Pete: I chose "Failed" not because I'm not being positive but I never take myself as "magician" but yet I try to do some magic tricks Smile Anyway, thank you for your suggestion, I'm actually thinking of another nickname for me.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
90 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Quote:
On 2009-10-30 14:49, Mind_Magic wrote:
Question for owners of this effect:

Do yo see a problem to manipulate the knife with the left hand?

I´m want to know if there are some restrictions or angle limitations, I´m lefty.

Thanks!

Hi
Bazar de Magia sell an special knife for lefty. You can order it in http://www.bazardemagia.com
I'am a proffesional magician and lecturer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fruitfull? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL