The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Parakeet Manipulation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Does anyone know of a good book to find out anything on manipulation with Parakeets? Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Dave
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Ramon Galindo has two videos on the subject. Also, if you have any questions. Ask around. They are very hard to work with. I would know. I have 5 in my act.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Thanks everyone for the help! Smile I greatly appreciate it! Smile
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20507 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Parakeets are very different from doves. Parakeets are smart but very independent.

If you are really interested in parakeet magic look at some "American Cage Bird" magazines for three reasons: 1.) sources of very good parakeets 2.) professional care tips and products, and 3.) parakeet training information. The magazine is really for breeders and people who show birds.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22651 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Go to http://www.stevensmagic.com they carry the only videos on this subject and a book by the same author.

I believe the only 2 tapes and book are called "A Bird in the Hand".

The author is also a tailor.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5119 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
There is also a 94 page book entitled Parakeet Magic which has many effects as well as instructional material on care, feeding and handling. The last time I was at Abbott's, I believe they still carried the book. It was originally distributed by Magic Inc in Chicago.
Where the magic begins
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3397 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On 2004-06-02 20:51, Dave Scribner wrote:
There is also a 94 page book entitled Parakeet Magic which has many effects as well as instructional material on care, feeding and handling. The last time I was at Abbott's, I believe they still carried the book. It was originally distributed by Magic Inc in Chicago.

I believe the author is Jack Kodell.
If you need more info, let me know (I've a copy archived somewhere!)
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5119 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I'm not sure if the author is Jack Kodell but there is a dedication to him by Jay Marshall. I have a copy in my library.
Where the magic begins
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22651 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe the book by Magic Inc. is not much of a help for a serious study of Parakeet magic. I found nothing of value, that is usuable in the real world in it. I have had the book for about 40 years and leaf thru it now and again, hopeing to discover something I missed.

It is too bad the 2 parakeet magicians that actually performed this type of act, refuse to publish their ideas. It might help others in their struggle.

Ramon Galindo videos is the only source to use first.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Parakeet Manipulation? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL