The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » STRONGMAN; New From Bunny Boy Collective (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Acemagic1
View Profile
New user
California
42 Posts

Profile of Acemagic1
Check out the new video from Bunny Boy Collective...

STRONGMAN: A Cellphone Effect- "A really, really good effect"- paul Harris

http://vimeo.com/6428378

"Strongman is an eerie cellphone effect created by rodney reyes. this effect is featured in his upcoming book, muse.

COMING SOON."

I really like this.... VERY creative. Check it out guys... show it around!

A
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Haha that's hilarious and cool at the same time.
Acemagic1
View Profile
New user
California
42 Posts

Profile of Acemagic1
Quote:
On 2009-09-04 17:33, Newb2 wrote:
Haha that's hilarious and cool at the same time.

Seriously! I thought it was cool... almost like a combination of haunted deck and a cellphone with a guy who wears a bag on his head...? haha

Either way Im hoping they'll post more videos with stuff from the book.. it looks like it'll be good.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Love it.

Any idea when the book will be ready?
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Crazy! Interested in hearing more about the book.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Pretty clever. And disturbing. I can see this one freaking some people out.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Acemagic1
View Profile
New user
California
42 Posts

Profile of Acemagic1
Quote:
On 2009-09-06 01:40, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Pretty clever. And disturbing. I can see this one freaking some people out.

Definitely could be a freaky effect. Its giving the power over to the "strongman" rather than the magician. Creepy stuff. What would you guys think would be a good presentation for this?
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Love it.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Off the top of my head he could push the phone along the table past a number of objects or cards stopping at one which of course is a previously selected or thought of card etc.
I am not so sure that it needs to be combined with another effect though as the parts may be greater than the sum if you know what I mean?

Great idea though like it a lot!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Yeah, personally, I wouldn't try to make this into a card trick. That scary dude with the bag over his head probably couldn't care less what card somebody picked.
Acemagic1
View Profile
New user
California
42 Posts

Profile of Acemagic1
Quote:
On 2009-09-07 23:10, Scott Imler wrote:
Off the top of my head he could push the phone along the table past a number of objects or cards stopping at one which of course is a previously selected or thought of card etc.
I am not so sure that it needs to be combined with another effect though as the parts may be greater than the sum if you know what I mean?

Great idea though like it a lot!

Oooh! very cool idea. I think that would be a creative way to reveal a card. It adds a creepy element to the reveal. I'm sure you could film your own odd strongman video and have him point upwards after the move to show that was the card he wanted.

He could even push upwards toward the top of the screen and you could have it set up so the card moves. That would be neat. Almost as if he's pushing his force even away from the phone!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Brilliant, what an amazingly creative idea.

By the way, as a side note, the paper bag thing freaked me out more than it should have... find a copy of the low-budget independent thriller "Home Movie" and you'll see why... the final image in that movie has been burned into my brain forever.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
tenny
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of tenny
I saw this video and also love it. the trick is an awesome idea. I also like the revelation of a card. really the possibilities are endless. I saw some of you wanted some information on the book. I called up rodney and this trick will be released in his book titled "The Muse". It should be out within a month give or take and that's if everything goes according to plan.

P.S. keep an eye out for the next video bunny boy will be releasing it features another effect that will be in his book!

Cheers,
Tenny
Royce K.
View Profile
New user
London
89 Posts

Profile of Royce K.
Does this only work with an iphone, or any cellphone?

Thanks,

Royce K.
tenny
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of tenny
Yes this effect works with any phone. I think the only requirement is that it needs to play video. Also there is a version where you can do the effect with a spectators phone. Sounds exciting doesn't it?
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
So when can we expect a release
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-09-11 21:40, tenny wrote:
Also there is a version where you can do the effect with a spectators phone.

Seriously? That sounds amazing.
tenny
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of tenny
Rodney's book will be released around November. There are several different contributors such as Paul Harris, Dan and Dave Buck, Paul Vigil, Steve Fearson and so on. The book isn't a typical magic style book. Its really a piece of art. I don't want to give to much away. Make sure to keep checking out his website bunnyboycollective.com the site is undergoing new moderators so expect frequent updates in the coming weeks. Plus several new videos will be released up until the release of the book "The Muse"
tomacker
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of tomacker
This seems very original, but the "weirdness" of demo video is holding me back.
Acemagic1
View Profile
New user
California
42 Posts

Profile of Acemagic1
Quote:
On 2009-09-14 11:28, tomacker wrote:
This seems very original, but the "weirdness" of demo video is holding me back.

Yeah.. the video is a little strange... But it is what appeals to me the most in the whole effect. Technically if you wanted you could have any video with something pushing on the screen... personally I do like the whole strange/creepy aspect : )
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » STRONGMAN; New From Bunny Boy Collective (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL