The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Fastest Muscle Pass 'Ever'! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Haha

Ok I just thought of doing this last night at about 2am, and I'm going to use it as my opener for a shadow coins routine.... I don't have the patter down yet.

I would just like to possibly get a couple comments or ideas on how to spruce it up Smile

Let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9faFx6fWPo

Quality sucks btw... I just shot it real quick about 2 minutes ago with my webcam....
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I liked it - maybe biased here as I kinda have a thing for coin jumps Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Thank you. I'm still working on the handling, It's hard for me to release 1 coin at a time from CP. Hoping it will be better, and I'm going to take the coin production and produce it from a higher frame of view in person so the audience doesn't even realize the 3 on the table. Smile

Or at least that is what I'm shooting for. Smile

Posted: Sep 4, 2009 10:45pm
-------------------------------
50 view, and only 1 person says something. Smile

Thanks Jonathan. Smile
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1249 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
Very natural CP. Ending caught me off guard.
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
285 Posts

Profile of Griff
Nice. No Muscle pass here but very nice production. Very similar to David Stone's, but nice. Will the "muscle pass" presentation work for the laymen? IMHO this is very nice, but too close to David Stone's to call it original. Very nice technique though.
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
Very well done! Got me on that!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I like it...good job...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
iceblade
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of iceblade
Good job. I like combining this idea with a real muscle pass the second time (first time it actually went really fast second time I'll try to do it slow, you may actually see the coin go)
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Nice DC, oh and welcome to the Café. Smile

Good series of moves and misdirection, very well done and I like the suggestion here by iceblade, much better than the production of the other 3 coins which was also cool but just a little out of context as to the focus of the effect. Just eh same, good job! Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
I loved it! I really have no idea how any of this is done. Hahaha. I'm horrible! That's why I love magic! Great job buddy, and welcome to the Café. Smile
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Iceblade - Very good idea

Mb - Thanks for the welcome! Yes it does seem to not fit together talking about the muscle pass, then producing 3.... I think I can give the effect a little more continuity by changing the patter and not the moves. I want to use this for a she** shadow coins routine, Show 1, produce 3, then do the shadow coins routine... that was the intentions for this little way to produce the coins just for that effect.

I'm trying to fix the patter, maybe talking about, the saying "the hand is quicker than the eye, is just a way for magicians to cover the fact that they are using trick coins..., in reality, the coins have been altered on a molecular level, giving the the ability to dematerialize and rematerialize in an instant...

Or... Kind of an invisible palm routine, with coins...

Thanks for everyone viewing the video, Ill post up the entire routine when I get it all sorted out and let you guys have your way with it, haha.

Griff - I checked out David Stone.

And I thought that I came up with something cool. Smile

Very similar..., thanks for pointing that out though. Smile
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
I'm confused.

Where was the muscle pass?
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Lol.. "The world fastest muscle pass" is a joke... it was just a RV then production.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
OK you asked for my opinion. I agree with MB about the lack of context of the routine. You start going one way and then take a completely different direction. Not like a back fire, but starting with a Zombie and then doing a Squared Circle.

Not sure what the motivation is for suddenly laying you arm down along the matte.

I also agree that we shouldn't not only name muscle passes, but perhaps shouldn't show them as well. Keep them for a secret slight. Sure it is easy to do the "coin falling up", but isn't it he best best use of the sleight. A little more thinking will answer than for you. For a hint, see Shoot Ogowa. NOTE: Even he blows it here, but look past that for the rest of what he does.

Finally if you are going to "show a muscle pass", at least do one legitimate one to establish the premise more concretely.

So over all, not too good. I think this is another example of confusion does not equal magic. Ask someone to describe what they just saw. You have combined two effects that don't necessarily support or enhance one another.
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Wow, that production is so instant. I'd love to be able to do that, but don't know where to begin. I also really appreciate the suggested introduction of a real MP and the 'I'll slow it down' justification. Fine stuff!
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
285 Posts

Profile of Griff
Griff - I checked out David Stone.

And I thought that I came up with something cool.

Very similar..., thanks for pointing that out though.

Hey DCMagicEnt
Don't let that stop you. Very cool production. Keep it up!
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Jay Sanky also has a laydown production.
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Quote:
On 2009-09-07 02:53, KirkG wrote:
Jay Sanky also has a laydown production.

regarding your and Mb's last post. I agree with you that it goes in 1 direction then into another.. the video isn't that great to show what I really wanted to show, I just filmed it real quick, pretty much just so you Café members and see it, I was more interested in seeing what people would say about the production of the 3 coins, and how natural my CP is, so I know if I can pull it off live...

It almost seems that people are getting mad because they didn't get to see a muscle pass, when in reality, it was just a hook to click on the link.. Someone please tell me they understand the jokee??? lol?

Actually, pulling the coin from the arm justifies extending the arm... to release each coin from CP.

Like I said, the patter wasn't set, It was just something I said at the time of filming.... I will be talking more along the lines of the molecular structure of coins, while presenting this effect... and all its intentions is for just producing the coins magically to "warm up" the audience. Establish that I am a magician, and make them understand I know what Im doing... then I can perform my Shadow coins with ease... (one of the produced coins has a she** on it....)

Sorry for the misunderstanding in the video and title of the posting...
iceblade
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of iceblade
Personally I knew it was a joke even before I watched the video. The production of the coins caught me off guard but I agree with KirkG, it's completely out of context. So it's good for magic fun but DCMagicEnt I don't think this should be presented as a trick (it is two disjointed things). However I disagree with:
Quote:
On 2009-09-06 16:42, KirkG wrote:
I also agree that we shouldn't not only name muscle passes, but perhaps shouldn't show them as well. Keep them for a secret slight. Sure it is easy to do the "coin falling up", but isn't it he best best use of the sleight.

I think when the anti gravity coin is presented well it is a very good effect and a very good of use a sleight. Just don't showcase the move and don't do it 10 times in a row (I'm talking from experience).
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
DCMagicEnt,

Some jokes just don't translate to the written page well. Smile

Your classic palm is fine. You still have the dropped pinky knuckle tell, but it is the hardest to get rid of. If you would just relax your hand, it would be minimized. There is no need to splay all your fingers, just to "prove" you aren't hiding anything.

Just use your hand naturally and have it do something else, like pick up a coin, brush aside some lint, etc. Try to get where you can wiggle all your fingers independently like you were playing scales on a piano or drumming your fingers on the table.

Iceblade,

Feel free to disagree, it is only my opinion. OK, maybe mine and a few greats of magic, but don't let that stop you. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Fastest Muscle Pass 'Ever'! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL