The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Experienced Guys Please Read!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Riceboi
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Riceboi
lol...it's funny that when people post a topic like this, like 100 people want the trick. It's so hilarious to me...
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
He would have gotten 100 more if he said it was a self-levitation.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
per_agge
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of per_agge
Yeah it sounds really great! If you don't mind, I would love to do that trick (all credits to you off course).

per_agge@hotmail.com

P.S. - if you have msn messenger, you could add me if you like!

Per Agge Smile
Riceboi
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of Riceboi
hahah...you guys are still trying. I guess you don't understand (no harm intended).

Here's a quote from the post creator:
Quote:
Thanks so much for the replies, I'm pretty overwhelmed going through them. Later this evening, I will be selecting the 5 guys to test it out.
g
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I am curious about the feedback or test results from the chosen few. Don't be shy! I'll check back later.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
It is odd, all the excitement over this trick even though he hasn't told us anything about it yet. I am sure it is great, but I have to agree with riceboi on this one. It is kind of humorous to see everyone excited over a new trick that they don't know much about. I guess it just shows how excited we all are to learn new things.
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
OK guys, thanks for the responses. Five fellow members here have been sent the trick to try out.

I must say that this is no "earth shattering" new item. It's just a trick I've been doing for many years and wanted to hand it out for those here to enjoy. I wanted the fellas who received it to try it out and respond back to me with thier opinion and to be sure the instructions I wrote could be followed.

The effect, without going into a great bit of detail (I kinda suck at typing), is basically a "fair" selection of any card, then an attempt to find it by asking questions about others turned up, and ending with it left in their hands in the most surprising manner. I found this to be great to me over the years, probably because of the spectator interaction and the magic ending in their hands for all to be examined.
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Smokey43, I have sent you a reply about the effect with a taste of my handling via email.

I should have typed this a second ago. This trick works wonders. I have been dong it for at least ten years, and for the past few, I have used it as my opener.

I worked the patter of the effect towards that certain group of spectators who seem to think, "If I have seen one card trick, I have seen them all." Once I do this little gem, it gets their attention for the rest of the routine. This trick is definitely a reputation maker. If you perform this, your name spreads like a virus across town.
Who is John Galt?
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm getting the vibe that this is like a version of "Now you see it" from Royal Road.
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
Smokey,

Thanks for putting trust in my experience by having me test your routine. I can honestly say this was the second card trick (after the 21 card trick) I ever learned. Don't get me wrong, I still use it every now and then when someone pulls out a deck and asks me to do a trick. I would also fathom to guess that 80+% of the magicians out there have done this trick at one time or another.

I too will e-mail you with recommendations that make this old gem even more powerful.

Top of the day,
Michaels.
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
I like it as it is...a simple, powerful card effect. It's nothing earth-shaking (I know for a fact similar things have been created), but I'll be sure to do it as soon as possible, as I'm sure it gets great reactions. Method-wise, I think it's fine. Adding anything else (sleight-wise or in presentation) would just clutter it. Good job, Smokey.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
martyk
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of martyk
Me too,
mjkaplan@steuber.com

P.S. - = "Like I said" can be refined to "as I said/" For advertising and printing instructions, it sounds classier, and of course, is the only grammaticlly correct usage for this.

Will you still send me the trick to try? Smile
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
Quote:
On 2003-06-07 01:09, marko wrote:
I like it as it is.........Method-wise, I think it's fine. Adding anything else (sleight-wise or in presentation) would just clutter it. Good job, Smokey.

Without knowing what recommendations are made, I'd be curious how one could presume the routine would be cluttered. These recommendations come from early publications of this trick. I've performed this trick over 1000 times and I can assure you there are a couple of handling changes which make the trick stronger and more convincing without making it harder to perform or cluttered.
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Well it appears a couple fellas have either performed variations of this or are at least familiar with the handling. I still have yet to find the originator. One guy who responded read a similar published document but not quite the same trick.

Michaels did come up with a nice add-on by having the card signed. That I agree is very powerful also.

So now that this was checked out and I assume the, instructions I made were acceptable I will now share this with all my friends here at the Café.

I hope you all enjoy this effect. Please drop me a line or two on your first experience with it. I love the reactions I get when performing it.

Good Luck!

I hope you all enjoy this effect. Please drop me a line or two on your first experience with it. I love the reactions I get when performing it.

Good Luck!
Ricky B
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
172 Posts

Profile of Ricky B
When you say, place the next card "on top" I suspect you mean on top of the deck or on top of the packet, not on top of the card on the table. If so, you should edit your post to avoid confusion. If not, then I'm confused!

--Rick
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Quote:
On 2003-06-07 03:19, Ricky B wrote:
When you say, place the next card "on top" I suspect you mean on top of the deck or on top of the packet, not on top of the card on the table. If so, you should edit your post to avoid confusion. If not, then I'm confused!

--Rick

Hehehe . lol. Made me around too.

Bone.
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
Ok, I first learned this effect when I was a kid from a Bob Longe book and the effect was called "Astounding Appearance". I've been performing it ever since, with a slightly different handling from yours but the same ending. The only other source I could find to this trick is "Now you see it" from Royal Road. Perhaps somebody else knows more and is willing to share.

Smokey, Alex Hui even posted his handling to this effect in the Secret Sessions forum not too long ago, and there was some discourse about it there. Smokey, at 45 posts, you only need 5 more posts to be able to see it.

Cheers,
Derrick
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
For Ricky B.... I assume you mean when placing the first card to the table the next card goes on top... Top meaning the top of the deck.

====

I'm sure some will play around with this effect like I did to try and make it more powerful or just a change of pace. I can assure you I have also over the years and found the above handling to be the best.

The spectator tells his friends and so on " He slapped the cards, all of them fell but ONE!!!

The spectator simply can't over this part of the effect. I love the various expressions and responses I get when doing this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Experienced Guys Please Read!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL