The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Little Man [Paul Harris Presents...] » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..23~24~25 [Next]
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
313 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On 2009-12-06 22:35, mandarin wrote:
Hoping indeed. Am I the only one who is not terminally excited over this? I just can't see the magic. Seems more like techy-tricky than magic. With what is out there today, I can make a helicopter come into the room and land on a specs head... make butterflies emerge from scraps of torn newspaper... bring flies to life... etc. etc. etc. ... unless this little guy is going to do a kung fu form how is it going to impress today's juandiced audiences...???

This is the kind of simple magic that the crowds I play to would love. I've often found that bigger isn't always better and that the ultimate reputation making trick simply isn't out there. It's about your whole act and if this ingredient suits what you do then it could be a great effect.

I've pre-ordered and am hoping I won't have to cancel when the demo's finally released.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1908 Posts

Profile of iamslow
If this looks like the description, I would rather pay 3000 for this if its that good...
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Quote:
On 2009-12-11 15:59, iamslow wrote:
If this looks like the description, I would rather pay 3000 for this if its that good...

That means I can buy 2, sell you one and still be in profit by 2400 - Thumb Tips in my opinion are vastly vastly underpriced - could sell you one of my Vernets for , oh say the price of a holiday home in Florida.

PayPal accepted.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Wow, this thread hasn't been locked! Maybe there is still a chance for the little guy.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I'm thinking... something to do with fruitcake Smile make little men.

It was in the back of the fridge so long it came to life.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Little Man has left the building.
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
But he was never here.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Yay, but just think how great the rough demo is going to be, especially after over three months in production of it.
:)

Merry Christmas everyone!
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
It's not Little Man, but a rough demo of a little clay man has been found in time for Christmas. Enjoy!
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Here the version for $1,000.00. He'll disappear at the end. You can do it in short sleeves. No threads, pulls, magnets or any kind of gimmicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mbkwn7QG0U&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Just kidding...Here is the video of the already upgraded version of Little Man. All pre-orders are $30,000.00 from now on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IFzcj4wnvQ&NR=1&feature=fvwp
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
FredNarlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
318 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
I am pumped we can still talk about John Dough! This calls for a haiku!

This thread is NOT locked!
All I wanted for Christmas
Was John Dough demo!
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
But my thread is gone!
Much like a thief in the night.
Clay heels little man?
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Seems to me that threads about things which do not yet exist will always, given time, devolve into what we saw in the other thread - either that or exposure.

But when I mentioned this months ago I was told to buzz off, that having threads to discuss things that don't exist was not only fun but good for magic. I mean, it's fun to ask everyday if there's a demo, right?

Apparently that theory did not hold.

It's the nature of the beast. Discussing products before they are released can only accomplish two things: 1)potential exposure and 2)anxiety and anticipation for the time of release. When that time is delayed, we get what we got.

So, have they pulled the plug?
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
It's still the Christmas holiday and I will try to be kind. However, the biggest mistake was having a certain person come on here and pass off misleading info just to keep the buzz going.

We were apparently not getting correct info, and in fact being lead on to believe that something was close to being finished. To have someone come on here and repeatedly say that a rough demo was in the works and would be ready soon, only to wait three months later and still have no rough demo is proof enough that the information we have been given is false.

There are obviously problems happening behind the scenes that we are not aware of. In fact, whatever problems they are having are quite frankly none of our business. But, misleading us with false infomation is our business, even if we did not pre-order. It is disrespectful and unethical to anyone who has shown an interrest in the product.

Remember, the hype and advertising was started by Paul Harris Productions. Paul himself knew exactly what stage they were in when they started to market the crap out of "Little Man". Paul apparently was passing messages to his sister for her to relay to us here. If she was just doing what her brother was asking, then I have no issue with her. It's not her fault for being caught in the middle.

Maybe Paul should speak for himself. Come clean to what is going on. It would finally settle the storm that has been brewing for several months now.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
How about buying a midget and covering it in Play-Doh?
I've asked to be banned
FredNarlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
318 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
You know what time it is...! HAIKU TIME!

We ask for the truth
Tell us the scoop, good or bad
Paul, please post SOME news
James FX
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
178 Posts

Profile of James FX
Right on Smile It's time for another update from Janet or maybe even from Paul himself. He can squelch our concerns *instantaneously* by providing an explanation for the latest delay along with his revised ETA. Not unreasonable.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
While we're waiting for Pual to release his effect, I suggest we have a "little man reverse engineering contest" where we try to accomplish the effect using methods of our own design. First person to post a believable YouTube video wins.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Wins what?
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Amiable
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Amiable
Wins $3000 from iamslow Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Little Man [Paul Harris Presents...] » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL