We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Little Man [Paul Harris Presents...] » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..11..14..17..20..23~24~25 [Next]
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1604 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2009-09-16 15:38, Gilgamesh_The_Librarian wrote:
Wonder whether if it uses just normal clay you could get creative and make a little clay Wallace or Gromit..that would make a bit of an impression.

Talk to Dan White while he was in Hong Kong a few weeks ago about that.

Yes, they are just normal clay.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1409 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Paul Harris website UPDATE

LITTLE MAN (PH, Mark Allen, Rodney Whitlock)

All three of these guys are working around the clock to make sure this bad boy is perfect in every way. Working out the quality control issues in manufacturing have taken a bit longer than expected ... which is to be expected. Of course, Paul will not release this until every aspect is 100%.

When you see what goes into making the Little Man walk, you'll be blown away by the incredible engineering detail that goes into this thing. A little point not mentioned in the Little Man ad is that after taking seven steps or so, Little Man suddenly makes a left turn and stops! This means Little Man can walk by a row of cards (or other objects) and suddenly turns and stops at the spectator's card!

Another Big Little Man detail. There's a wonderful built-in delay, so once you set Little Man down, you can move away from the table so that you are nowhere near the action. You obviously have no control of anything here. The clay guy stays perfectly still for another ten seconds or so ... and then comes to life! (You can create the delay for any time between five and twenty-five seconds.)

Where's the demo? Yes, the promise of the demo in the ads was a bit premature. Paul admits that he really blew it on this one and that it will take at least two or three lifetimes of good works to cleanse his delayed-demo karma. He promises to never ever mention a demo until it's in the can and ready to go.

The demo will be shot at the same time as the rest of the DVD. Paul wants to shoot this with the exact same final version of Little Man that you'll be receiving. This production model should be ready in about ten days ... and then it's off to make the demo/DVD instruction. This always takes longer than expected...so best guess for a demo (and this is only a guess) is three to four weeks.

So when will the little guy be walking into your house? Current best guess is six to eight weeks. Will keep you posted as things progress.

Again, Paul wants to thank everyone for their saintly patience on this. And Little Man whispered that he'll be giving a special gift to everyone who pre-ordered him.

If anyone has any questions about anything, please email me at janet@paulharrispresents.com. It's always my pleasure to help you out any way I can.

Your Astonishment Goddess and Web Mistress,

Janet Harris
Dave Devin
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Dave Devin
Looking forward to receiving mine...................
gamma105
View Profile
Regular user
City of Evil
150 Posts

Profile of gamma105
Oh man... I wonder what the special gift will be.. that cute little hat? lol
James FX
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
178 Posts

Profile of James FX
Great response from Janet (& Paul), thanks for posting Jean-Luc. It's absolutely commendable of them to address the demo issue so frankly and apologetically. And for them to reward our patience by including a special gift for those who pre-order, WOW! Now that's what I call superior customer service. Thank you Mr. Harris.

James
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Has anyone actually done the pre-order on this?

Mike
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2009-09-26 12:22, Michael Peterson wrote:
Has anyone actually done the pre-order on this?

Mike

I was about to Pre-Order a week ago but decided to go with the Samsung TL225 instead, a camera I really wanted, and desperately needed to film Magic for Promo purposes. Many features on that Camera that I needed, as I do not own any editing software.

Reading how long this may possibly be, I most likely will have the money to Pre-order within the next 6 weeks. I say if this is released no earlier then Thanksgiving (which is around the time I feel we shall expect release), I will surely have this Pre-Ordered before then.

This also depends on how well HandOut 500 and Titans Finger go for me, if they ROCK I will have no hesitation on my Pre-Order of LittleMan.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
If this is as incredible as it sounds, I am saving and scrimping. An effect like this is in the stratosphere of magic effects. Imagine the jaws dropping? Imagine the INSTANT reputation making power of such a creation? It staggers the imagination.

NOW, if only Paul could find a way to make the little guy SPEAK............
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2009-09-30 19:08, daffydoug wrote:

Imagine that.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-09-30 20:09, Eddie Garland wrote:
Quote:

Imagine that.

Haha..good one vent guy. My roommate peeked over my shoulder and read the title of the thread. When I explained to him the general effect he said, no ^*&^@ way! Then he said, m*agnets or th*reads? I said no. Gentlemen, muggles know about our methods. lol..
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
nikola paris
View Profile
New user
Paris
72 Posts

Profile of nikola paris
Will it be as good as it sounds ? Maybe, I hope... But one thing is sure : Paul Harris is one of the very few magicians who show us the way... and say us :it is possible to find new effects ! To put magic magic one step further (whatever the size of the step is) and it is very important for me, and it is a very good thing for magic...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2009-09-30 20:09, Eddie Garland wrote:
Quote:

Imagine that.

I do......
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Does anyone have any further info or know the release date of this item?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Probably Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Aaarggh!!
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
I would perform this to Meditation from Massenet's Thais.

Actually have a guy make up a girl and have a girl put the heart on...
The figure starts walking...in a crystal glass box...Box gets covered shortly with a silk foulard...The clay figure turned into a beautiful, grown, female ballerina...Magician dances with the Ballerina...she pushes him away...Magician covers her with the foulard, she disappears and he holds again...the clay figure that is handed to the two audience members for examination.

I would even pay $1000 for little man. $300 is not enough to keep it away from youtube exposure.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Beautiful Silvio!
You don't even need Little man for that. Just make the clay ballerina and do the rest as stated.
James

Quote:
On 2009-10-10 22:48, Silvio Solaris wrote:
I would perform this to Meditation from Massenet's Thais.

Actually have a guy make up a girl and have a girl put the heart on...
The figure starts walking...in a crystal glass box...Box gets covered shortly with a silk foulard...The clay figure turned into a beautiful, grown, female ballerina...Magician dances with the Ballerina...she pushes him away...Magician covers her with the foulard, she disappears and he holds again...the clay figure that is handed to the two audience members for examination.

I would even pay $1000 for little man. $300 is not enough to keep it away from youtube exposure.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Zachary
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of Zachary
Here's the latest on Little Bro...

Quote:
10/12/09 UPDATE ON RELEASES
Posted at 07:58 PM on October 12, 2009

Hello Everyone!

Here is my latest update concerning the releases.

Little Man:

All the literally hundreds of manufacturing details on the little clay guy are just about wrapped up. Hoping for December release. The demo is still at least a month away. Yep, another busted "dead line" in the name of Little Man perfection. He's warming up with little push ups and leg stretches to get ready for his first public walk.

In a nut shell: Paul is pushing every available button to get everything finished as quickly as possible. But, of course, he will not sign off on anything until he's satisfied with all aspects of the effect. Feel free to make disparaging remarks about his product-release schedule guessing skills. I'm putting them all into a special file and will present them to Paul as a little gift.

So there we have it yet again.

As always, Paul and I deeply appreciate your relentless patience on all of this. Strip is already out the door.

Hand out 500 is about a week a way.

Two down and two to go!

Will post again as soon as we have some actual solid release dates that you can count on.

Please contact me if you have any other questions about anything!

Janet Harris

(Paul Harris Presents Web Mistress and Astonishment Goddess)
Twitter:@Zachary_Heath
Instagram: @zachheathmagic
James FX
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
178 Posts

Profile of James FX
Smile
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Quote:
On 2009-10-20 12:07, James FX wrote:
:no:

I know. I would love to have this one for my intense Halloween act. Spectator makes a Voodoo clay doll.... Smile
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Little Man [Paul Harris Presents...] » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..11..14..17..20..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL