We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A good book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adam_wolfe
View Profile
New user
england
20 Posts

Profile of adam_wolfe
Today I bought a good magic book by Nicholas Einhorn. It only cost me £4.99 (sorry I don't know how to convert to dollars).

It's 256 a4 (well slightly larger) pages long and full of photos of what you should see and what they should see. I recommend this book to any beginner magician. The isbn is....
1-84309-670-6
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Thank you so much for the heads-up on the book. I will try to find a copy myself. Another excellent book for any magician, is "The Amateur Magician's Handbook" by Henry Hay. This book is great for someone just starting out in magic and for the working proffesional. Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Jim Short
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Jim Short
As pointed out by Paul Chosse in another forum, _A Book of Magic for Young Magicians: The Secrets of Alkazar_ by Allan Zola Kronzek is a great book. It is available through Amazon or at most book sellers.

jim Smile
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
449 Posts

Profile of Hushai
I found the Einhorn book at Borders, in hardcover for about $30, and in softcover for only about $6.00. At the softcover price, I think this book is a good value for beginners. The pictures seem to be very helpful, and the book covers a lot of good material clearly.
-- Hushai
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
If I had to select only two books for beginners, the first would be George Anderson's Magic Digest. It's out of print, but I see it every now and then offered on ebay. Grab a copy if you can. It's packet with practical routines and is a fun read.

The second is Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic, again available often on ebay. Lots of great material, clearly laid out for the beginner (or advanced student).

Certainly it is easier to learn from a video, but you don't get the depth that comes from reading.
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I believe books are better than videos because it allows the performer to come up with a more original presentation ... with video we tend to, even if subconsciously, copy what we are watching.

I have read a lot ... I say always be reading!

You can only gain from the education....

:firedevil:
Socrates
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Socrates
The Magic Book by Harry Lorayne is a great book.

Socrates

'Simplify' - Henry David Thoreau
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
449 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Quote:
On 2003-06-13 07:11, Jim Snack wrote:
If I had to select only two books for beginners, the first would be George Anderson's Magic Digest.

I second that. Magic Digest is a great book. It's too bad it's out of print. Anderson's little bits of advice to the beginning magician are valuable.
-- Hushai
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
You can find Magic Digest all day long on the used book sites. As an example, just a quick type into Amazon finds 10 copies, with the lowest price being $4.95. I agree that its a good book. I still like Mark Wilson better though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A good book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL