The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..26~27~28 [Next]
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2810 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I may be wrong but couldn't a pen be easily made with a couple of little friends hiding in either end of the pen? I don't like the way the pen looks for me...Everyone I know, knows I use BIC pens & I intend on tricking one of them out to use with Alone...

But I may be wrong...

Nathan
aukt
View Profile
Special user
768 Posts

Profile of aukt
Hi Nathan - the problem is finding a pen with the space and 'access' to trick it out, if you know what I mean.

I've got a nice schaffer pen that I tricked out to use with my solstice.
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Mindbender & aukt,

Thank you for each of your reviews, both very different! Like I said different strokes for different folks.

Anyways, we do appreciate your review Aukt, thank you for purchasing the product & giving it a try. Sorry to hear that you will not be using it from now on. With so much more to come with ALONE it's a shame you will not be sticking around but I certainly respect your opinion.

Cheers,

Matt Johnson
aukt
View Profile
Special user
768 Posts

Profile of aukt
As I respect you, also matt.

cheers.
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Just as a side note.

With a little work you can certainly trick out other pens for sure. Our job as creators is to find a pen that will suit most performance scenarios & styles for most budgets, I believe the pen we offer does just that.

Cheers,

Matt Johnson
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Dave showed me how to trick out any pen. In fact the little guys needed can be bought online in any size. My bet is a regular bic pen would be ok. I tricked out my own pen for the solstice wallet. It's a silver Lamy pen that makes sense with the wallet. I just removed the special something and put it in the other pen with some rubber cement. Works like a champ!

:)
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2810 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Thanks Mike...Matt...Baby Jesus.

Nathan
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Mike, you have been luckier than me with pen selection. I've gone through dozens of pens and different types of the other little things, and have yet to find one that works reliably for Solstice, other than the one provided by Christopher.
Personally,

I prefer Solstice over Alone (to each their own) and can understand and relate to where aukt was coming from and what he said. We all have different preferences and differing working criteria.

My dream version would be Solstice in a steno-sized notepad. (HINT)

Tony
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1230 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I've had the same problem with Alone. I can't seem to find a suitable pen alternative. Those "little friends" need to be fairly close to the point.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3671 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2009-11-23 20:52, mike storz wrote:
Dave showed me how to trick out any pen. In fact the little guys needed can be bought online in any size. My bet is a regular bic pen would be ok. I tricked out my own pen for the solstice wallet. It's a silver Lamy pen that makes sense with the wallet. I just removed the special something and put it in the other pen with some rubber cement. Works like a champ!

:)

I did the same....
Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2359 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
The Bic round stick works great. very innocent looking, and if you loose it, no big deal, as the needed gizmo and the Bic, both cost under a buck.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2810 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Thank you Dave...

Nathan
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6123 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2009-11-23 17:24, willowtaylor wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-23 08:12, mindpunisher wrote:
Its good to get an honest review for a change.

I would very much like to have all the dishonest comments and reviews regarding my products pointed out so that they can be removed from the Café immediately. Cheers.

Christopher

Christopher don't take my post personally. I would like to see more honest reviews on the Café. My post wasn't directed at you personally. You have a pretty good reputation on here from what I can gather.

You just can't please everyone.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
873 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On 2009-11-23 08:05, aukt wrote:
9. The effects are not really openers or closers, imho. If I kept the device I'd have used it as a middle bit, but not as an opener or closer.

11. I do not feel that any of the single or collective effects are worth the price of the item. The reactions in the real world just aren’t as strong as I’d hope. For now, my killer walkaround material is

I found it little bit misleading for others to read about that kind of view.
I would recommend to think about making it for a closer. (no attack at all)

to test "only" the given effects does'nt sound like putting in that much effort.

Alone is just a tool nothing more - but so much more.

the connection with premonition as mentioned at the t.i-forum will make it
a definite closer. give it a try if you want

best regards
fanboy out Smile
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3671 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Friends, I'm living in Germany, and here you can see what I did to my Solstice concerning the pen. And this pen you get far easier in the US and Canada! Jan

Click here to view attached image.
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
I just received my Alone and so far I love it. I came up with an effect along the lines of a Shaman dream journey. This is truly a unique tool that I will get a lot of use from. I'm having fun creating my own routines with Alone and there are so many possibilities. I also love the distance I'm getting out of my unit. Its working through walls!

Though it works perfectly, my only MINOR issue with this is the receiver. Only because I've been spoiled to the size of Proximity or Dual receivers and it signals a bit differently than I'm used to. I know this will be resolved in the future. But overall a major thumbs up to Chris and Matt for this devious creation! I look forward to performing with it this Thanksgiving.

-Ran Pink
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
Correction. I meant Duel not Dual. And also I just posted a routine on the Alone forum for Alone users. Enjoy!
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
These are the pens I use. The twin pens work perfectly with what Christopher supplied for the solstice pen.

http://www.lamyusa.com/multisystem.html

mike Smile
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2668 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Man, if they could get Alone's receiver down to the size of Proximity's, that would be awesome!!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2359 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
What's funny ? am I missing something/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..26~27~28 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL